South Carolina

Looking for a North Myrtle Beach Venue

If anyone has any ideas for a North Myrtle Beach/Ocean Isle actual Beach wedding wedding and reception location - please share.  We are planning an October 2011 wedding and after a weekend of checking out numerous venues I am exhausted and frustrated.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Re: Looking for a North Myrtle Beach Venue

• lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just recently went to a wedding in ocean isle, nc it was held at the Isle resturant the food was amazging! Check that one out.  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you're interested in renting a house but there was a great house right next to Mar Vista resort that allows you to have backyard receptions.
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I was totally into the beach thing but, I have like a million and one people goign to my wedding... and like the max capacity is like 75 in most houses... So I had to x that Idea...
  • annaescottannaescott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Barefoot Resort should have some places to rent.  You may also want to check the Grande Dunes.  It's on the north end of Myrtle Beach, not in North Myrtle Beach, but they have a lot of different reception options.

If you don't have a photographer yet, you should contact Christa Harder (ChristaHarderPhotography@gmail.com).  She did mine.  She is awesome, and so easy to work with.  She travels anywhere in GA, NC and SC for free.
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that barefoot resort is going into or already is  bankrupt.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Sea Watch Resort, holds up to 150 in their banquet hall (if you have the reception there), its technically myrtle beach city limits, but its right next to the NMB line. It is privately owned so we can legally get married in the sand. Our sales rep is awesome and very helpful! I also reccommend Beach Cove in NMB, they are a sister resort of Sea Watch and I remember the lady there was super nice. I hope this helps some :)

If its NMB city limits, then its not illegal to get married in the sand, but apparently in MB it is (unless privately owned!) lol, we found this out the hard way!

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • edited December 2011
    The Dye Club - Country Club at Barefoot Resort.. 
    I am a wedding photographer in Myrtle Beach Area.. Pasha Belman Photography.

and I can give you their information... I shoot weddings there and it is beautiful inside..

Thank you,

Pasha

Pasha Belman Photography
  • britny622britny622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Huntington Beach State Park. They have beautiful wedding there. If you are looking for a photographer check out Brittany Mauldin Photography.

brittanymauldinphotography.com
  • lorib843lorib843 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest looking into the Ocean Club at Grande Dunes...it's AMAZING! Not like anything else in Myrtle Beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards