Catholic Weddings
Options

How is everyone's week thus far?

Hi friends!

My Monday got off to a terrific start. But now I have a killer headache as it is pouring down and chilly here. I think it is colder outside now than when I got to work this morning. I just can't wait to get home, shower and get my comfy clothes on.

Any big to-do's or plans for the work week?

Re: How is everyone's week thus far?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have training for my job two days this week and two days next week. I'm a teacher and I hate being out of my classroom for any reason but especially for training that is not particularly useful or applicable. It's really annoying and it is disruptive to our whole week since I work with four year olds. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_everyones-week-thus-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0772db22-42d6-4471-aeb5-7a875cc5999ePost:0d43ced4-a32c-4ae0-aa46-36cfefe2cbd2">Re: How is everyone's week thus far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have training for my job two days this week and two days next week. I'm a teacher and I hate being out of my classroom for any reason but especially for training that is not particularly useful or applicable. It's really annoying and it is disruptive to our whole week since I work with four year olds. 
    Posted by GeorgiaPeachMarie[/QUOTE]

<div>Completely agree, and I work with 14-year-olds.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Missy, was it your husband who was looking at new jobs?  How did that go?</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a frustrating week so far.  I spent 2 hours this morning on the phone working out an insurance issue for a prescription.  Also, my computer broke yesterday.  I ended up driving back to Michignan to my parent's house, because I have to have computer access this week to get some things done.  So I'm back in Michigan, hoping to see a few friends and wrap up some loose ends here, and get the week turned around.
  • Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm feeling old. Playing indoor soccer with unpadded turf was not nice to my lower back! I'm in the middle of a 3-day seminar for work right now, so I am out of the office as well! And while it's interesting, I hate being stuck in a chair for 8 hours!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_everyones-week-thus-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0772db22-42d6-4471-aeb5-7a875cc5999ePost:1254d487-3598-4258-abde-29aea39639f3">Re: How is everyone's week thus far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is everyone's week thus far? : Completely agree, and I work with 14-year-olds. <strong>  Missy, was it your husband who was looking at new jobs?  How did that go?</strong>
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking. He said it went well. I guess it is a wait and see game at this point if they call him back for another interview or an offer. He has another interview today though, so we will take either or of them as the pay is good and I think it will help him gain the skills he needs to move up with his career.
  • Options
    KamakananiKamakanani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_everyones-week-thus-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0772db22-42d6-4471-aeb5-7a875cc5999ePost:e418a707-0db7-4908-bb66-7eb8eb9497dc">Re: How is everyone's week thus far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm feeling old. Playing indoor soccer with unpadded turf was not nice to my lower back! I'm in the middle of a 3-day seminar for work right now, so I am out of the office as well! And while it's interesting, I hate being stuck in a chair for 8 hours!
    Posted by doctabroccoli[/QUOTE]
    I know how you feel docta.  I was playing tag w/ my niece on Sunday and pulled something in my hip... Had to stay home from work yesterday because sitting or standing more than 10-15 minutes just hurt.  Luckily after some ibuprophen throughout the day and rest, it started to feel better.  Then it popped in the most wonderful way last night before bed.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_everyones-week-thus-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0772db22-42d6-4471-aeb5-7a875cc5999ePost:7a7fd218-92fa-4b80-aeb9-435789ecbc22">Re: How is everyone's week thus far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is everyone's week thus far? : Thanks for asking. He said it went well. I guess it is a wait and see game at this point if they call him back for another interview or an offer. He has another interview today though, so we will take either or of them as the pay is good and I think it will help him gain the skills he needs to move up with his career.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

That is about the position FI is in right now.  He's got two branches of the same company interviewing him -- one has pretty much offered him a job, the other asked him for a second interview.  The waiting is awful, but we're both being optimistic.
    Anniversary

• Options
    AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My week has been pretty decent. Last week I found my dress so that has been a biiiig relief for me.. I have sometimes been the anti-bride at times.

My FI FINALLY got frocked for his promotion that he earned about 5 months ago. They messed up his paperwork and were trying to say he didn't get it... But finally getting it is always nice.

One of my tests got moved back a week, which gives me a little more time to breathe with my two tests next week and my looming deadlines for work.

On the other hand I have this project at work that I am totally unmotivated to do... I really just want to sleep at the moment.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_everyones-week-thus-far?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0772db22-42d6-4471-aeb5-7a875cc5999ePost:d55b5de3-d57e-4f99-a9c4-18f8c8bfc3f2">Re: How is everyone's week thus far?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My week has been pretty decent. Last week I found my dress so that has been a biiiig relief for me..
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    Yay! Pictures?

My week has been ok. The weekend was really busy (whats new?) but good--went to Hershey, PA and visited Hershey Park on Saturday with DH, my 13-year old SIL and 9 year-old BIL. So that was a lot of fun!

I'm still struggling with the events of last month though. To make things worse (sorry if TMI... I just need to get it out somewhere!) I made a big charting error and did you-know-what the day before ovulation. We were supposed to TTA for one cycle before trying again. And when looking for support on one of the bump boards, I got flamed bad by a couple regulars. Sheesh. Sorry for asking, and sorry for not using a condom/pill/etc. because I believe in NFP!  Like I needed them to make me feel worse :( 
    /rant. Sorry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a reasonably good week so far! We had these big programming changes we were going to make in January at work, but we decided to wait until July, which would've meant a million things I would've HAD to get done before taking off work for the wedding. And it would've been really hard to take those two weeks off without worrying about what was going on. I feel like there's a HUGE burden off my shoulders.

Tomorrow I'm meeting the other seamstress to see what she can do for my dress, and I'm feeling hopeful.

I'm watching Bridesmaids right now, which is tooo funny!

Hope everyone is having a great week! I can't believe I'm married my sweetheart in just 25 days! I cannot WAIT!!!

Linda

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry. I know that the process of dealing with m/c is extremely painful, and I'm sorry that others lacked the sensitivity to deal with it. I'm sending hugs and prayers your way. Trust that all of this is in God's hands and that he will take care of you as He sees fit.

Missy and Professor Science (and did I miss someone?), prayers for your s/os and the job hunt. I know first-hand how tough it is out there.

As for me, I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I have a ton on my plate right now: trying to do my job, plus meetings at work every day this week (so I can listen to crazy instead of getting stuff done), plus all this doctor stuff with my wonky cycles, plus my grandfather is doing poorly, plus I'm trying to stay healthy/not get a cold. It just feels like there aren't nearly enough hours in the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards