Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Travel agents (x-posted on E)

Hi all, I was wondering if there are any benefits to using a travel agent if they can't get you a discounted price beyond what you can book yourself on the resorts website? The agents' fees are around $25 and we're looking at an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica.

Re: Travel agents (x-posted on E)

• Options
    There are a lot of good agents out there that do not charge a fee. I recommend contact one or two of them for quotes.

• Options
    you should ask the ta that you're speaking too if she can get you anything that you can't get anywhere else.

• Options
    We booked with a TA.  They were able to get us flight that we weren't able to get on our own.  Plus, we got a discount on a hotel near the airport that we could park at for free while we were in St. Lucia. 
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My fiance's mom is a travel agent.  They tend to have better relationships with airline reps, hotel managers, etc.  She is often able to get us upgrades and offers that we aren't able to get ourselves.  I would definetly ask more questions of an agent you are thinking of using to see what they can provide for you.
  • Options
    I agreed with PP that said find a TA that doesn't charge. We didn't pay her anything. Yes, they can usually get you free uprgrades and such but I've had so much going on lately that I wanted to just shoot someone an email and le ther do the searching. Then I would look at what she sent and tell what I liked and didn't like. No leg work for me. That, in itself, was enough for me to love TAs now. =)
  • Options
    met16met16 member
    First Comment
    I would definately reccommend using a travel agent. Ours was really great! It is nice to be able to just use one person to arrange all your travel and lodging. She even arranged for our transportation to and from the airport. It was well worth it, and not ridiculously expensive. Also- we went to Jamiaca for our honeymoon- we stayed as the Secrets Resort in Montego Bay!
    good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards