Nebraska-Omaha

NEED HELP!! WHICH SHOES?

Okay girls I need some outside opinions on shoes to go with the bridesmaid dress.  Below is a picture of the dress that the girls will be wearing, I am having a hard time deciding if I want pink shoes or if silver shoes will look good.  The plus about silver shoes is that the girls have more of a chance to wear them again;however, I don't know how it will look overall.... I have included two pairs of shoes below the dress that I am considering, let me know Pink or Silver?!   TIA!

SHOE OPTIONS:

Re: NEED HELP!! WHICH SHOES?

• edited December 2011
    Can I vote for option three? I'd let them pick their own shoes just give them a few guidelines, like strappy silver heels. I have no problem buying a dress to be in a friend's wedding if it isn't my style, but I'd much prefer to pick out my own shoes that are comfortable and I *know* I'll wear again.

If I had to pick between your two options, I'd go with the silver, but really, I'd let them pick out their own shoes. I wouldn't want to wear a pink shoe unless it matched exactly, I'm not convinced those do.
    August 6, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with autumncallalily. I have two bridesmaids that have issues with their feet (that can lead to foot/back pain), so I am letting all choose their own shoes.  I went with a neutral color (silver) and gave them a couple guidelines about what I liked.  This way they can try on the shoes & be comfortable in them, especially since they will be the ones in them all day & night, and its in a color they can wear again with other outfits. 
    Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to have them wear a certain pair of shoes, you really should offer to pay for them.

I'm going to give another vote for having them wear silver shoes of their choosing.  Then the shoes will be in their budget, be more comfortable, a height they like, and to their liking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • jen313jen313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My concern with having them choose their own shoe is that I am going to have three totally different shoes in view.  With the dress being tea length, I wonder how that will look- if the dresses were full length and the shoes were hidden it would not be a concern to me.    When we first started looking for shoes I figured it would be hard to match the pink, if I could match it I would love for the girls to wear matching pink shoes but if not that is why we were thinking silver.

• edited December 2011
    then my suggestion would be to have each girl try on the shoe to see if they will be comfortable in them before purchasing.  Otherwise, does it really matter that the shoes don't necessarily match?
    Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • edited December 2011
    I think having non matching shoes, even with the tea length of the dress, will show their individuality and be perfectly fine. If you give them guidelines, I can't imagine they'd pick out anything too horribly different. To me, it's the same as them wearing different ear rings or doing their hair differently. They've picked out something that fits their style (within your guidelines) and reflects who they are. Just keep in mind why you've asked them to stand up at your wedding, they are your good friends and people you care about, details like not having the exact same shoe become less important :)
    August 6, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I agree with what everyone is saying...I know I have wide feet and being told to pick a specific shoe might not work for me...so with my bm's I am letting them choose a shoe in the same color..I think it would be cute to have them be a little different and agree it can be cute to show their individuality...You could even have a photo of everones shoes all in a line or with one foot out in a circle...with cute pedis and all!

Ask your bms what they think too..might be nice..maybe they dont care that they would all have the same shoe and that theyd be willing to do that...and see what they think about getting to pick out their own shoe in a color. GL! Hope it works out for you and your bm's but I think it will...I like the silver btw! I too think it could be more practical and that it would go with more in their closet then pink. Also some may not even like pink...I have a bm that cant stand it with a passion..as a joke originally I told her I was picking pink for their dresses..she said well I guess this is where I show you how much I truly love you and I will just suck it up! lol What a great friend!

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_need-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:47bf7e33-ef13-4092-ade8-fe4a80f4d276Post:0d6f13f1-60e7-46e9-9a01-db6425654666">Re: NEED HELP!! WHICH SHOES?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My concern with having them choose their own shoe is that I am going to have three totally different shoes in view.  With the dress being tea length, I wonder how that will look- if the dresses were full length and the shoes were hidden it would not be a concern to me.    When we first started looking for shoes I figured it would be hard to match the pink, if I could match it I would love for the girls to wear matching pink shoes but if not that is why we were thinking silver.
    Posted by jen313[/QUOTE]

What did the BM's shoes look like in the last few weddings you went to?  You probably don't remember because nobody really notices that.  It is way more important that your BM are comfortable in the shoes then anything else.  Shoes don't really even show up in pictures and they will be in them all day long. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I prefer the silver shoes.  The pink shoes would seem to matchy-matchy to me. 

My BMs all wore the same shoe, but I don't think it needs to be that way.  We went shopping, they all liked the same pair, the shoes were well-priced, and all agreed they would wear them again.

Happy shopping :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think silver - I agree pink is too "matchy matchy" and there are so many different shades of pink available. I'm undecided about letting them choose their own.. but I still say stick with silver!
  • shandianeshandiane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was in a wedding this summer where the bride had us all wear black dresses with red shoes, which was a super cute idea, but hardly anyone even noticed!  Also, since she tried to get the same shoe for all of us they weren't that comfortable and at the reception we went barefoot anyway..... just some thoughts, but it's your day!!

Both of the shoes you have pictured are really nice, I don't think you'd go wrong with either.

• edited December 2011
    My cousin had those identical colors in tea length dresses.  The silver shoes are either exactly the same or very similar to the ones we wore in her wedding.  I thought it looked really good at the wedding.  However, I'm not the *silver sparkly shoes* type, so I have never worm them again.  I agree that the pink shoes may be to 'matchy'.  Either way I doubt that your BMs will get much use out of them after the big day, so I'd either offer to pay for them or try and find the cheapest pair possible.  If I remember correctly, my cousin paid for the shoes and we paid for the dresses.

Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards