Florida-North Florida

Jacksonville Vendor Reviews

I got married WAY back at the end of Feb :) and we just got back from our fabulous honeymoon in Italy but I wanted to def put out my vendor reviews.

Ceremony: Old St. Andrews Church (Jax Historical Society) - This church was absolutely beautiful. It was built in the late 1800s and that only added to the charm of the church. I had to do no decorations here because the church is so beautiful to begin with, why mess with something great.

Officiant: John Reardon, Notary on the Go - John was wonderful. I did not have a coordinator at my ceremony and John stepped in to make sure everything went smoothly. He was great at following up throughout the weeks before the ceremony.

Wedding Music: Jacksonville Strings - I hired Jesse with Jacksonville Strings to play during the ceremony. She played all of the songs I requested and they sounded beautiful. I got a ton of comments on having a solo violinist during the ceremony - everyone loved it!!

Reception Venue: The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens - Seriously, where do I begin with this venue. If you haven't been here go, it is amazing. The gardens are breathtaking and the fact that you have the place to yourself is great. My guests got to walk all around the museum during cocktail hour and the gardens were open all night for great pics! The staff at the Cummer were super attentive all night and stayed in great contact with my onsite coordinator to make sure we stayed on schedule.

Flowers: Bold Blooms - I can't say enough about Bold Blooms. Valerie was great. I sent her a few pics of 2 different centerpieces I wanted and she nailed them perfectly. My bouquet was equisite and the bridesmaid calla lillies boquets were perfect - she even got the color spot on!! Her pricing was a fraction of what I was quoted elsewhere. I highly recommend Bold Blooms - you will get exactly what you are looking for.

Cake: Publix - Seriously, who doesn't love a Publix Cake. I found a pic on Pinterest and Publix had a cake that matched exactly. I also had a grooms cake which they put a image of my husband on his motorcycle on it - which was fantastic. Every bite of the cake was eaten - and I was told it was the best cake people had ever eaten. Publix set up a cake tasting for me and delivered everything on time. I had 3 layers with 3 different types of cake with a great design and a grooms cake with a moto on it all for under $400. Seriously great price!

Catering: Chef's Garden - Super great food - best wedding food ever!! You can't go wrong with a mashed potato bar! The provided me with great linens that matched my colors perfectly.

Lighting: Mark Grandin Events - Mark transformed my room from good to fantastic - he set up some great purple up and down lights throughout my room and did a spot light on every centerpiece in the room. It really made the room looks super dramatic.

Dress: The White Magnolia - I went to every store in a 50 mile radius of Jacksonville and found exactly what I wanted at White Magnolia. Her dresses are beautiful and so well made - she even made me a custom sash. Kerie was great and so easy to work with.

Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid - Ashley has the best dresses in town. We got Amsale dresses - the bridesmaids felt like they were wearing their pjs cause the dresses were so soft and lightweight. Just absolutely beautiful.

Makeup: Simply Makeup, Stephanie Bolen - She made me look like a glamazon!! Just what I wanted. I did not want traditional make-up and Stephanie totally delivered. I wanted a really smokey eye with purple - my make-up was totally red carpet ready. She was so much fun to work with and she even bought me MAC lipgloss so I could retouch all night long.

Hair: The honeycomb salon - I love the girls at the honeycomb, especially since my bff works there. They made us girls look like some supermodels! Highly recommend them and they do makeup now too!!!

Sorry for the long post - but I searched this site high and low when I was planning my wedding and loved reading any reviews on vendors I was thinking of using. Message me if you want any additional details. My wedding was fabulous - I had a great time and don't even know what to do with all my time now that the wedding planning is over.

Re: Jacksonville Vendor Reviews

• Who'd you use for your photographer?? :) I know when we were planning that was the hardest part for us. Just wanted to see who you guys went with. Congratulations and I'm glad it turned out the way you wanted it too. We used Bold Blooms as wlel and I LOVED working with Valerie. And Kerrie from White Magnolia is super sweet!!  
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This is great! Congratulations! We're getting married and having our reception at the Cummer in October. We are also using the Chef's Garden! Glad you had great experiences all around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used five square photo for photography. He is a friend of mine through work - he was great and came up with great unique photo ops. Enjoy the cummer! It is fantastically beautiful!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards