Honeymoon Discussions
Options

What do Sandals certified travel Agents do??

We have our honeymoon right after our wedding in St. Lucia at the Sandals Grande May 25th.  We went with a butler suite, and were told they will be able to do everything for us...reserving lounge chairs, booking dinners, and so forth.
Recently, we were told to switch our booking through to a certified Sandals TA.  Apparently they do lots...and their free.  

What advantage is their?  I honestly cant think of anything for her to do??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do Sandals certified travel Agents do??

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Nothing you can't do yourself. A travel agent is nothing more than a middle man. Say, your flight got cancled. You call your TA they deal with the airline instead of you. Say, you get to the resort and they messed up your reservation, you call your TA they deal with it. Otherwise, there really aren't any perks. I found all that out on our third trip to Sandals. Our hm to the Grande I booked myself, our first anniversary to Jamaica (Negril) I booked myself, our third anniversary to Antigua I booked with a TA ( nothing different was done than the two I had previously booked myself) and this one to the Grande in SL I booked mysel( I'm actually typing this while sitting on our balcony at the Grande) and all is fine. Really, it's just personal preference. I have chosen to not bother using a TA again. Btw, I have pics and a review from '08 at the grande and pics from the last two days in the link above my siggy pic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards