Wisconsin

Outdoor ceremony in October

I really want an outdoor ceremony in October.  How would you tell your guests to be prepared for this?

Is it ok to some how add this to the invitation?

Re: Outdoor ceremony in October

• I had an outdoor wedding in October.  It was lovely 72 and sunny.  But - I had a bacl-up plan because the year before it snowed on that day. 

On our invitations it was obvious that the wedding was outside because the location was a garden.  We also had information on our website.  It said something like, "This is an ourdoor ceremony.  Please be prepared for the Wisconsin fall weather.  In the event of rain or unseasonable cold the wedding will be held indoors." 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm not sure about how to warn people beforehand, but I would have blankets ready at the ceremony for some of the younger and older guests, just in case. It's always a risky thing to chance anything outdoors in October, but, just like this unseasonably warm December, Wisconsin can surprise you.
  • We are having an outdoor ceremony in October, if its like it was last year it will be sunny and 85, but we are just putting on the wedding website in case of inclimate weather it will be at another location, so if they don't get the picture that its outdoors I don't know what else to say!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
    Favorite Thing About the Holidays
    Our Tree(Is it Bears or Broncos?) & Of Course!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You may also want to give your guests an idea of how long your ceremony will be.  It can make a big difference if you are sitting outside for 20min vs an hour.  

We did the photography for an outdoor wedding this October and it is a beautiful time of year to get married out doors.  The weather is typically great and the leaves are changing.  Wisconsin at its best! 

~Megan
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards