September 2013 Weddings

Wednesday

Happy Wednesday, and happy less-than-200-days for the 9/28 brides! Only 100 days and we are in the double digits.

Yesterday we booked airplane tickets for the honeymoon AND for my bachelorette party. I mentioned that I dropped off my ring to get started on the wedding bands, and FI was emailing his guys about getting measured for suits. So far we've gotten 3 responses on our save the dates -- it's very fun.

What does everyone else have going on?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• Yay for Wednesday!!! I found shoes for the bridesmaids. They werr having trouble finding nude wedges since it will be in grass for the ceremony and reception so I found a pair at Rack Room for 29.99. I sent a pic and everyone agreed so they all will be buying their shoes soon. : My sister since she is MOH wants something differeny so we decided on yellow wedges but she wants me to pick them out. I've been feeling bad about how much money she is spending since not only is she MOH, but my niece is the flower girl and she will be buying a new outfit for my nephew too. So, I just remembered yesterday that her bday is in May... perfect time for new wedges. Lol I am meeting with wedding planner tomorrow and will go shopping. I have been obsessed lately with finding a rehearsal dinner dress since there are adorable little white dresses in the stores now so I will hopefully fins one I like tomorrow. I'm starting to get excited about planning again...
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were going to go to Men's Warehouse on Sat to put the suit order in, but my BFF called last night and is getting 4 free tickets to the Kenny Chesney concert in Tampa on Sat. As much as I want to get the suits ordered and that check finally done I think we will go to the concert instead. 

My BFF mentioned bringing a girl he likes for a first date so we shall see how that goes. When I told FI who was going he was said he would help BFF and play wingman. FI and BFF didn't get along at first but now talk almost as much as BFF and I do so that makes me a happy girl.

And it looks like BFF will be able to make it to the wedding which makes me super happy. He didn't know if he was going to be able to get off work since he works for the Tampa Bay Bucs and he has to work all home games.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sort of counting down days to the tasting at this point.  When we go, it's going to take us three hours but we'll pretty much do everything (the venue handles A LOT).  We're also meeting wtih the florist that day too.  After we do the tasting, I'm ordering our invitations the next day.  So we're getting a TON done in a short amount of time.  Then we'll take a short break.

FI is working on getting in touch with people about moving our ceremony time forward a half hour.  Should be interesting.
  • I'm going to see my mom this weekend and we are going to hunt for her MOB dress.  Looking forward to that! My mom also paid for my shoes and my bridesmaid's shoes, which was a nice surprise.  We are just wearing jewelled flip flops...I'm so not a heels girl.  I would last an hour, tops, in heels.

So my FMIL gave us her invite list awhile back and we sent out our STDs.  She has added a few more people here and there, mostly by talking about the wedding to friends who said "oh, I hope I'm invited!" We are creeping up to our venue max quickly, and if anything, are hoping the list comes down.  She wanted to add one more person so I emailed her and asked for the address so I could send out a late STD (this is a friend of hers who asked if she could come, that we have met once).  So FMIL talked to my FI last night and said "well, if you're adding her to the list, we really should invite so and so & so and so." The couple she wants to add are distant cousins of my FFIL that the family rarely sees. Bah.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards