Delaware
Options

Country dance lessons / tips

Hi everyone, 
My dad and I want to dance to This by Darius Rucker for our first dance and he says we need to learn the two-step for this. Does anyone know where we can learn country dancing or get lessons? Anybody else with any knowledge of country dancing know if the two-step is the correct dance for that song? 

Re: Country dance lessons / tips

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha! My expertise! Well, kind of. I've been country dancing for almost 10 years now. :)

Where are you located in philly? I dance in Elkton, Md. Which wouldn't be too far of a drive down 95 if you're in Philly.

Also, you can do a two step to just about any song. If you're not familiar with it, it's basic. 'quickquick slow   slow' with the beat. (its typed like that to follow the beat.) I'd definitely recommend Youtube- I've learned quite a few dances from there.

PS- we just changed our first dance song- we're doing a two step to 'Honeybee'. :) PM me if you want more info on where to dance. I'll have to look around when I get home.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joanne Brady-Awesome teacher in this area.  She goes around the country teaching and performing so she'd prob be perfect to help you with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards