Texas-San Antonio

Dress Shop Recommendations Please

Hi Ladies,

I'm from Austin but I'm coming to San Antonio this weekend to go dress shopping. Does anyone have any recommendations on places to visits. What do you like about the shop and is there anything I should know before going?

Thank You!

Re: Dress Shop Recommendations Please

• edited December 2011
    Definantly Alfred Angelo, they are proffesional and have a ton of pretty dresses. I am from San Antonio, but went to Austin for dress shopping. I went to Signature Bridal. They were such a big help, very proffesional and they listen. If you get a chance to go, make an appt with lauren. She really listened to what I had to say, I tried on about 10 diffrent dresses and not once did she show that she was frustrated with me, and she ended up finding my dress for me that first day I went. She listened to everything I did and didnt like about eah dress and found a dress that had everything I liked about the other ones all in one!  Also Davids bridal isnt very profesional and they are a bit rude, when you make an appt its not about you, they walk away he minute you turn around and dont make you feel special.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rumbler92rumbler92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I purchased my dress at Mayfair Bridal after a VERY bad experience at the David's Bridal by Ingram Park Mall.  The ladies were very sweet and helped me find the perfect dress.  They are located on Broadway/410 just outside 410.  I wouldn't go anywhere else!  My bridesmaids' dresses are also coming from there.

• Ang2925Ang2925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have to disagree on Alfred Angelo, I bought my first wedding dress there a size smaller than what I should have because I listened to the advice of their so called "bridal gown expert". Several months and several hundred dollars lighter after extensive alterations and their dress still didn't fit me, I had to buy a new dress from another shop and I am know trying to sell the one I had bought at Alfred Angelo. For your peace of mind I would go with an experienced bridal shop that doesn't mass produce their gowns, there are affordable designer dresses out there. My new dress cost the same as the first one but is more beautiful and the quality is much better. Good luck to you and I hope you find the dress of your dreams!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • h.c.harmerh.c.harmer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it mainly turns on what kind of dress you are looking for. If you want a designer gown, ie Lazaro, Priscilla of Boston, etc. check out Bridal Salon of San Antonio and Julian Gold. If you are looking for something under $2000 check out Mayfair Bridal and Debi's Bridal. I went to both ends of the spectrum looking for my dress and fell in love with the gown I ordered at Debi's Bridal! THe staff was great and had an impressive selection. Biggest piece of advice... Have FUN!! Its a great experience enjoy it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from MAYFAIR BRIDAL and they are way awesome. The shop is small and they require appointments on the weekends, but they are some classy ladies who love to help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards