Texas-San Antonio
Options

**linzlars**

Hey!  I just wanted to see how you're doing now that the wedding chaos is over!  Have you done your thank you notes?  I have been SO bad about doing mine!! I need to sit myself down and force myself to do them.  DH and I are all excited because we just put an offer on a home!  How's married life treating you?  School?  Etc? :)

Re: **linzlars**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! I've been doing pretty well. I still think it's crazy that we spent over a year planning this thing and it's all over now, haha. And it's even more crazy to think we've been married for almost 2 months (I still remember when we were counting down from that point!).

I've been just as bad about my TY notes. Embarassed I did finally order them from vistaprint (we're using a picture of us holding a TY sign at the wedding), and I have actually typed up what I'm going to write for about half of the guests. The other half are money gifts that Tyler is supposed to be coming up with a good standard response to (I'm guessing I might have to take over with that though, hehe). Once I finish figuring out what I'm gonna say for everyone I'll probably just pop in a movie, grab a glass of wine, and try to get them all written.

That's so so exciting that you put in an offer on a home! Yay!!!! Is it in Houston or here in SA? What is it like? I'd love to see pictures if you feel like sharing! I hope you get it! You'll have to let me know when you hear back about the offer. :o)

Married life is definitely awesome, although I haven't really gotten to experience it yet with Tyler being gone for school. I will say that I get all giddy every time I get to say "my husband" haha. I'm kind of thinking even once he does move back it won't really feel that much different than before. The only thing I'm not liking right now is trying to figure out how to sign with this awful new last name, haha. (love the boy, but can't say I love his last name!) I saw your other post with your new last name in your email, I like the way it sounds! Have you gotten used to it yet?

School is, well, school.  Pretty good overall I guess, but there are definitely times where I'm just like "and why did I think this was a good idea?" hehe. I think once I finish this semester and get to actually go to the hospital next year I'll remember what it was I wanted to do and start loving it again. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for. :o) I did actually get to shadow my dad's electrophysiologist, which is the guy that deals with conduction stuff in the heart and puts in pacemakers and defibrillators. I watched him implant a pacemaker, a defibrillator, and do something called a PVC ablation (which basically where there is a part of the heart starting a contraction when it's not supposed to be and messing up the rhythm, and then the doctor goes in and basically burns away that little piece of tissue so it can't cause anymore problems), and that whole day was just AMAZING. I wasn't thinking I'd like surgery, but after watching that I'm kind of considering it now.

How are you doing? How has your work been going? I'm sure you probably mentioned this before, but what does your H do?  Anything else exciting going on in your life? Do you have any big plans for your first Valentine's as husband and wife? (woohoo!)

Oh, and just out of curiosity, now that you're married have you gotten the baby question yet? I've had a few people randomly just be like "so when can we expect the first kid?" and I'm just like, woah there, slow down. I'm young and busy, no baby on the brain yet, haha.

EDIT: wow I just realized how much I wrote. Sorry about replying with a novel, haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!

Good to hear from you!  We're still waiting to hear about the house, and I'm on pins and needles!  It's in Houston near the medical center (where I work) and downtown (where DH works as a middle school teacher).  I'll email you a link to the townhome website with pics!  Right now it's a waiting game, which is made worse since the seller is working offshore and isn't readily available to respond. 

I have lottsss of friends who went through med school and they were definitely in the same boat you're in in terms of being frustrated with classes and ready to jump in clinical stuff.  I'm sure you'll be a lot happier once your hospital rotations start.  Which hospital will you rotate through?  When I was in SA I worked for an interventional cardiologist and was at downtown baptist all the time.  My work is going really well!  In fact, I'm totally overwhelmed at the moment with about a million exciting projects.  Hopefully that's a good thing.  Job security, right??

It's sooo funny that you ask the baby question...EVERYONE has been asking me when we're having kids.  We plan to wait for a year or two to start trying, but it's so hillarious that people start asking that immediately!  The day before the wedding the subject would have been so taboo, but now everybody and their dog is asking!!

As far as V-day plans, we're going to see a play tomorrow...but then DH's parents are coming in town....so not really rommmannnttic per se. :) I think we may designate another random day as V-day. haha.

Anyway, take care!!!!

Rachel
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just emailed you back. :o) It's super cute! I hope you get it!

Yes, I'm sure next year will be much better since it gets so much more exciting and "real." I'm actually not completely sure which hospitals we get to rotate in, haha. I know University Hospital and the VA over in the med center off I-10, and Christus Santa Rosa. But I know we can go to a bunch of the ones downtown and also just clinics in the area. We get to pick our schedule for next year pretty soon, so I guess I'll find out soon enough where I'll be.

That is great you've got a lot of projects going on. I'm sure it can be stressful, but at least it's not boring, and like you said, you know you've got a job!

Have a great time at the play and with your in-laws! I'm sure V-day will still be great no matter which day you actually celebrate it on. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards