Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Brett Hatfield for videography?

My fiance and I are looking for an affordable videographer... and we were pretty happy to see that Brett Hatfield is only charging $1000 for both ceremony and reception coverage.  Has anyone used him for videography? 

My fiance is adamant that if we hire a videographer, he must blend into the background so well that we do not even realize a carmera was there.  Does Brett fit this description?

We met with Dan from Poetic Cinemas and were convinced that he would be very unobtrusive, but we don't feel comfortable paying $2200 for his basic package.

Re: Brett Hatfield for videography?

• Options
    hbrockman01hbrockman01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ron Woods Photography has a bridal bailout package that includes video. Photographer for 8hrs and video for 6hrs unlimited rights etc for 2400 total for both.
  • Options
    jennearstonjennearston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Hatfield Productions and they were fabulous.  Brett and his assistant Lauren were fun to work with and both dressed professionally.  It's the videographers job to blend in the background so really any pro would be able to do that.  There are a few other videographers on the vendor list that charge around the same price,  but their quality isn't as good, but I have never done business with them.  You would be safe regarding Hatfield.  Poetic Cinema has beautiful work as well.

Good Luck!!
    Its offical...I am married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We used them and Studio 3 Photography. They had a package together and after seeing our amazing engagement love story we were excited that he was going to be our videographer.

He was not obtrusive and he worked with the photographers so they werent stumbling all over eachother. (I have seen hat before at weddings where it almost looks like the photographer and videographer dont like eachother.)  Brett was great, and we got a preview of the wedding about four days after our wedding and then we got the finished video in TWO WEEKS.  I have heard from many brides on here that it takes a few months. It was a treat getting it back when we got home from our honeymoon!

Ive read that Poetic Cinema is great, Lifetime films (Matt Pine), and Cinemotion are great as well. 

Its always so hard to choose! Meet several and then go with who your personality best fits. That way you will feel comfortable with them on your wedding day.

~Laurissa

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Brett and he was great. The only time we really noticed him was when he was shooting some of the dancing at the reception because he has to have a light on the camera so it's not too dark. It was not distracting or anything though. Our final product was great!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should also add if you want another suggestion for a somewhat inexpensive but still professional and talented videographer, I rec www.roarkproductions.com
    Dan is actually a professional videographer for a local TV station and has his own wedding/corporate video business on the side. He owns top of the line cameras and lighting. While I didn't use him, I have seen some of his videos and they are good.
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jennearstonjennearston member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_brett-hatfield-videography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:026d0839-2c28-488a-8112-6fb09fdf7382Post:5c651b23-caa1-4a6a-9f13-b2f0b6e3f528">Re: Brett Hatfield for videography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just going to throw out another perspective since I've been on these boards for a while and seen mixed reviews on him. For one, I know he stalks these boards because I once got an email from him (he must have copied my email address from one of my unrelated posts) saying that he was a poor college student who needed more business and asked if I would start leaving good reviews about him on here. Ummm..WHAT? At that time, I'd never ever heard of him, met him. seen any of his work, nothing. So when I wrote back no chance in hell he replied with some seriously nasty email that I wish I would have saved. I mean the whole thing was just totally ridiculous and made him seem so desperate. I also know that he either used to or maybe still does give his clients $$ off if they recommend new customers so, while I"m not saying these girls who have used him and give good reviews are lying, I am saying that some people may not be as honest if they are trying to help him book new people and get $$ back. Also, I can't remember who posted it, but there was one post on here a few months ago about how his "assistant" lauren is really just his gf who has no experience in videography. I can't say that is true since I have no idea who this guy is, but just throwing it out there. I have seen some of his videos and IMO they are very dark. Anyway, sorry for the long post. I just had to be honest with my experience and some that I've read on here. And he just totally put a bad taste in my mouth with the whole emailing me thing. So rude!
    Posted by jenn1981[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><span style="font-size:11.5pt;line-height:115%;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;color:red;">UGH give it a rest would you Everytime someone has a videographer post no matter what it is regarding you are always putting down hatfield.  I find it funny you called me out about his assistant Lauren.  "Girlfriend" or not she was great to work with.  As far as not having any videography background do you know this for a fact?  Have you ever heard of Americas "mom and pop" shops?  What about a husband and wife team?

While you admit you haven't worked with him or met with him yet leaving him reviews and referring roark sounds a bit fishy.<strong><span style="font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">YOU </span></strong>need to stop stalking the boards and what’s wrong with a referral thank you?

BTW, I have never heard of Roark, but I would never slam him on the knot.  

</span>
    </div>
    Its offical...I am married!!
  • Options
    jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_brett-hatfield-videography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:026d0839-2c28-488a-8112-6fb09fdf7382Post:19a3b548-f9fb-4fe6-abe9-088ee830e3d1">Re: Brett Hatfield for videography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brett Hatfield for videography? : UGH give it a rest would you Everytime someone has a videographer post no matter what it is regarding you are always putting down hatfield.  I find it funny you called me out about his assistant Lauren.  "Girlfriend" or not she was great to work with.  As far as not having any videography background do you know this for a fact?  Have you ever heard of Americas "mom and pop" shops?  What about a husband and wife team? While you admit you haven't worked with him or met with him yet leaving him reviews and referring roark sounds a bit fishy. YOU need to stop stalking the boards and what’s wrong with a referral thank you? BTW, I have never heard of Roark, but I would never slam him on the knot.  
    Posted by jennearston[/QUOTE]

I wasn't calling anyone out. I was simply leaving my honest experience with a vendor after someone asked about him. Unfortunately it was negative and I'm sorry this bothers you but I would never just randomly write this story unsolicitied like you make it seem. I made it pretty clear that I have no personal knowledge of him outside of the few ridiculous and immature emails he sent me. The OP can take it or leave it...no skin off my back! There's certainly nothing wrong with any of the things you wrote...I am glad you liked him! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Plently of people have left negative reviews about one particular vendor that I used on my wedding day and had a great experience with.. and I didn't loose sleep over it or slam others for their opinions.
    Oh, and I agree that it would be horrible to slam a vendor you have no personal experience with! Thanks for your input!
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
  • Options
    Kel7284Kel7284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please stop cat fighting on the board... The original post was about blending in the background with a decent price...not about an e mail that was sent.

As for the original poster: I used Brett and Lauren for my wedding and it was beautiful.  I agree with muamanda18 the only time was during the reception because it was dark.  He stayed back during the ceremony and had a camera way in the back for wider shots.  If you are wanting to go cheaper I know there are up and coming talents on craigslist.  Or, go to local vendors and sort by price.
    PM me if you want more info.
    Just counting down the days :)
  • Options
    misti&nathanmisti&nathan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Brett and Lauren!  we found them through studio 3 photography and so far weve only done our save the date (which he had back to us in 5 days and was AMAZING) i cant wait to see our wedding video after the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards