June 2014 Weddings
Options

What are your wedding colors?

What colors are you using? Or what colors do you like?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are your wedding colors?

• Options
    lynn614lynn614 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Our colors are going to be Periwinkle and White.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ahh I just posted a question about this on chit chat... lol

I don't know!  I want to do wild flowers in boxes for the centerpieces with pink lace underneath and I am trying to figure out if my colors have to be specified or if I can just roll with it.  I mean I was thinking that the colors would be more like yellow orange and pink if I had to pick but I kinda want my bridesmaids to wear a dark navy blue.  Idk.  Or I may just go with my original thought of blue and purple and green but still keep the centerpieces and find a different color lace that matches.  IDK!  lol
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You could still have the wildflower centerpieces with the pink lace underneath and the girls in navy blue dresses.  Everything doesn't have to match exactly if you don't want it to.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:a60eb396-0ac6-4691-ab05-2daf2d4c3679Post:38eefaf6-2dae-4b19-84a1-f5d717698ff7">Re: What are your wedding colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could still have the wildflower centerpieces with the pink lace underneath and the girls in navy blue dresses.  Everything doesn't have to match exactly if you don't want it to.  :)
    Posted by lynn614[/QUOTE]

you are the first person to tell me this.  lol  Everyone else thinks everything has to match some what.  I am thinking of doing blue and purple and yellow and orange.  Idk yet though.  Can't decide if that would look ok or if i should stick with the bright flowers/centerpieces and the only blue be the dresses or have a little blue within the flowers to tie it together.  So many decisions!
  • Options
    I think that you could use as many colors in the wildflower centerpieces as you want to. All wildflowers look good together to me! You would be coordinating all of your centerpieces together by having the pink lace underneath each one. I think that you could vary the flowers and even the 'vases' a little bit since you're going for more of a rustic look.  The pink lace could anchor all of your centerpieces together.

I don't think that you have to have blue flowers in the centerpieces just because the girls dresses would be blue. That would be a beautiful color for their bouquets to "pop" off of.

The contrasting color with blue is orange and purple and yellow are opposites on the color wheel. Blue and purple are next to each other on the color wheel and yellow is next to orange so I think that visually it would work out fine for you. You might want to stick to most everything else being more of a neutral color though if you are worried about things looking too busy. But I think that for the flowers it would be fine.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I found this pic on bing.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have no idea yet. I can't decide on anything. I'm so tired of planning. I've thought about it and colors don't mean anything. All that matters to FI and myself is that at the end of the day, we are married. Weither we are married in blue,green, red, or white, we will still be married...I think this mindset is why I can't choose. I like everything. Maybe we will have a rainbow...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our colors are going to be yellow, gray, and white. :)
  • Options
    LotusLeaf- I LOVE that color scheme!  ;)

SugarFoote- I was all over the place too with colors and wedding stuff.  But I really wanted to get my colors nailed down so that I could start buying things for the wedding NOW.  There's so many little things that can really add up.  $20 for a guest book here, $15 for favor tags there. I'm going to be buying all of the small things little by little each month rather than right before the wedding. 

A friend of mine could not pick out her wedding colors and she went around and around with them for months.  She basically liked everything she saw.  Her FI (at that time) saw that she was driving herself crazy and he came up with a pretty cute plan.  He made her a nice romantic dinner and before dinner she wrote down a whole bunch of different color schemes that she liked onto little pieces of paper. He picked out one of the slips of paper and didn't show her. They had dinner and he had bought a little cake for dessert. He put the paper on top of the cake and presented it to her. It said pink and green and so those were their wedding colors.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:a60eb396-0ac6-4691-ab05-2daf2d4c3679Post:76451170-9f77-49d3-88af-7e14aac3d13b">Re: What are your wedding colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]LotusLeaf- I LOVE that color scheme!  ;) SugarFoote- I was all over the place too with colors and wedding stuff.  But I really wanted to get my colors nailed down so that I could start buying things for the wedding NOW.  There's so many little things that can really add up.  $20 for a guest book here, $15 for favor tags there. I'm going to be buying all of the small things little by little each month rather than right before the wedding.  A friend of mine could not pick out her wedding colors and she went around and around with them for months.  She basically liked everything she saw.  Her FI (at that time) saw that she was driving herself crazy and he came up with a pretty cute plan.  He made her a nice romantic dinner and before dinner she wrote down a whole bunch of different color schemes that she liked onto little pieces of paper. He picked out one of the slips of paper and didn't show her. They had dinner and he had bought a little cake for dessert. He put the paper on top of the cake and presented it to her. It said pink and green and so those were their wedding colors.  :)
    Posted by lynn614[/QUOTE]

That is cute, but I'd be afraid it would be colors that didn't go well. I'm not buying anything until right before the wedding, because it will probably take me that long to figure everything out. If FI would, I would so elope. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I guess I didn't explain that well.  On one strip of paper she wrote pink and green.  On another strip she wrote blue and green. So each strip had two or three colors on it that go together.  :P

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like you're a little stressed out already with wedding planning.  :(

If you want some help with ideas I would be happy to try and help you and I'm sure that the other ladies in our little group would help too.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to keep an elegant scheme like we did for the wedding and opt for pastels, metallics and maybe pops of plum for contrast. These are basically just to guide the florist and the invites designer; I'm not going to go crazy and repeat them on more than a few details. 

• Options
    Ohh sounds pretty.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to do just white : maybe a little silver in there if we need to, but pretty much everything in only white :
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:a60eb396-0ac6-4691-ab05-2daf2d4c3679Post:392bb2db-1cd9-45a3-a2f5-50a96a02e553">Re:What are your wedding colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to do just white : maybe a little silver in there if we need to, but pretty much everything in only white :
    Posted by ksblumb[/QUOTE]

Will your bridesmaids be wearing white as well?
  • Options
    In Response to Re:What are your wedding colors?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:What are your wedding colors?:We're going to do just white : maybe a little silver in there if we need to, but pretty much everything in only white :Posted by ksblumbWill your bridesmaids be wearing white as well? Posted by joecassie[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to Re:What are your wedding colors?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:What are your wedding colors?:We're going to do just white : maybe a little silver in there if we need to, but pretty much everything in only white :Posted by ksblumbWill your bridesmaids be wearing white as well? Posted by joecassie[/QUOTE]

Potentially. We are having the actual ceremony outside and are wanting it to feel very breezy and casual. My fiance is going to wear a khaki colored twill suit.
    We havent even decided if we're going to do the whole wedding party thing, but if so, the boys will just wear khakis and white button ups. Im all for the girls being in white, but they could do varying shades of neutrals. Im all about the mismatched but coordinating wedding party lately. Lol.
  • Options
    Hey ladies - new to the board! Our colors are going to be coral and brown. The girls are going to have brown dresses with white polka dots and a color sash. Might pop some other colors in there with the decorations at the reception, but I haven't decided yet. Oh and lots of mason jars and burlap!
    Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours. - The Immortal Beloved Letters, Ludwig van Beethoven Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Hmm...tough question. I really can't decide and may need help from you guys later on. 

My favorite color is periwinkle and I love amthyst (or really any sort of purply-blue rich color). However I also love mint...I don't want to be too trendy so I think mine are still tbd. 

I've also been toying with the idea of doing a sort of subtle theme inspired by Italy so I could potentially go dark purple and a metallic? Ahhh obviously I don't know yet lol. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:a60eb396-0ac6-4691-ab05-2daf2d4c3679Post:e21bd45f-509f-460d-9b12-1f7a29f9ba13">Re: What are your wedding colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm...tough question. I really can't decide and may need help from you guys later on.  My favorite color is periwinkle and I love amthyst (or really any sort of purply-blue rich color). However I also love mint...I don't want to be too trendy so I think mine are still tbd.  I've also been toying with the idea of doing a sort of subtle theme inspired by Italy so I could potentially go dark purple and a metallic? Ahhh obviously I don't know yet lol. 
    Posted by HTR10[/QUOTE]

I think that if you did the amthyst and mint that would look awesome!  Or you could do periwinkle and mint.  I guess it depends on the season whether you want lighter or darker colors.
  • Options
    Purple, green and orange.. fun, bright and summer time colours!
  • Options
    lynn614lynn614 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    HTR10- I was going to do Periwinkle and Lavender for my color scheme but I decided to go with Periwinkle, White and Silver. 

I think that periwinkle and mint would be very pretty together!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks joe&cassie and lynn614. I actually didn't think about putting those together WITH periwinkle :) Do you think periwinkle and mint is too Eastery? I love both those combinations...maybe I'll run it by my FI (I'd be shocked if he has an opinion though lol). 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:a60eb396-0ac6-4691-ab05-2daf2d4c3679Post:db230dd6-6df7-44a0-bf20-9e15a5afe09e">Re: What are your wedding colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks joe&cassie and lynn614. I actually didn't think about putting those together WITH periwinkle :) Do you think periwinkle and mint is too Eastery? I love both those combinations...maybe I'll run it by my FI (I'd be shocked if he has an opinion though lol). 
    Posted by HTR10[/QUOTE]

I don't think that it would be too Eastery.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I could have sworn that I replied to this post but don't seem to see it so maybe I just thought that I did! If I did, excuse the double post!

Our colors are going to be yellow and gray with hints of pink.

Yellow is my second favorite color, and also one of the colors of my sorority. Over the past couple of years I have fallen in love with the color gray, and it is also one of the colors of FI's fraternity. So it's like paying homage to something that is such a huge part of our lives. Also, the sunflower is the flower of my sorority, and I absolutely love sunflowers and they will be the main wedding flower. They're yellow obviously so it was kind of fitting.

The hints of pink comes from the fact that pink is my favorite color. At first FI said absolutely no pink, but I was able to convince him as long as it's just small bits here and there. Plus, Rose is my middle name, and my favorite flower. I wanted to incorporate roses, but am not a huge fan of yellow ones. So pink it is. This way I can incorporate the pink with the roses.
  • Options
    crb- I like your ideas! Sounds pretty already!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm one of those "oh my gosh everything is so pretty!" people unfortunately. I have it narrowed down to: sea glass colors, neutral dresses with bright pops of color, navy with white and gold, AND the current front runner of varying shades of green with gold and ivory accents. I'm horrible. Going for a midsummer night theme minus the cheesy fairy wings. I've wanted to get married that day since 7th grade :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-are-your-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:a60eb396-0ac6-4691-ab05-2daf2d4c3679Post:60de158b-b00c-4029-9205-42ff608adf6d">Re: What are your wedding colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm one of those "oh my gosh everything is so pretty!" people unfortunately.
    Posted by jennylocke[/QUOTE]

Haha me too.  I was really only able to settle on a color scheme because the dress that I bought has a periwinkle blue trim on it.  :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think we have decided on a deep purple and slate grey. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards