New York-Upstate
Options

Photographers Saratoga/Lake George area

There have been posts in the past about photographers in this area in the $1500 to $2000 range who include the rights to the photos. Of course, now that I need the info, I can't find it. Do you have a recommendation?

Re: Photographers Saratoga/Lake George area

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matt Bailly - www.baillyphoto.com He is based in Albany but did our pictures in northern Lake George. He and his wife work together and do an amazing job. He just posted our pictures today if you want to see their work. http://baillyphoto.zenfolio.com/ljwedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Matt's booked on my date, unfortunately. Your pictures came out great! We're getting married in Silver Bay as well. I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    paul and brenda at upstate photographers... They did our wedding and we have only got our preview,but we LOVE them so far and the price was very good... I think all together is was about $1400...  they have a lot of samples on their website!!
  • Options
    ajensen8ajensen8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holly Greene, Out of the Ordinary Photography, her most basic package with the rights to pics is $1600 :http://www.outoftheordinary.biz/prices.html  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at your bio. Need any tips for Silver Bay? I loved getting married there. We did the iPod for our music and it worked out great! Our flowers were done by Francine at Country Florist in Ticonderoga and she did a great job at a great price! Two things I wish would have gone differently at Silver Bay - they said they were going to light the candelabras in the chapel and didn't. Having those in the chapel with the natural beauty of the chapel was one of our ways of saving on decorating costs so I was bummed that they didn't light them. Also, they never built a fire in the Gullen fireplace which they said they would and didn't. Otherwise, they were so great! I really loved everyone there and they did such a great job. One thing we did that I was really glad about was that after we took a few pictures of everyone in the courtyard of the chapel, they all went over for cocktail hour and we went for a walk with our photographer. All of my favorite pictures were taken during this time. Silver Bay is such a beautiful place with so many wonderful spots for pictures so it was perfect. Also, it gave us a little bit of time alone before the reception started. Everyone was over eating and drinking so they didn't miss us at all. By the way, my former SN was mattoonl so we may have connected before about Silver Bay. I saw my picture in your bio under mattoonl so I thought I'd let you know that I am the same person. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do remember your former screen name- you actually emailed me that picture, and we booked Silver Bay because we heard about it from you! Wow, I'm so glad to hear everything went so well. I hope you don't mind me using that picture- it's actually better than their photos! I just got an email from Matt last week saying that he was catching up after the birth of his baby and that he would set up our planning meeting very soon, which I'm excited about. I'll have to make a mental note to remind them about the candles and the fireplace when it's our turn, because those details are important to me as well. I do have a few questions, if you don't mind. Did you have to set up anything for the ceremony or reception yourself, or did you just hand the stuff over ahead of time and leave it to them? Did you go with their menu, or ask for your own choices, and how was the food? Did you bring in alcohol, and if so, did that go smoothly and do you have any tips for how much to bring? How did you handle the things you wanted back after the reception, for example, your cake knife and glasses? Did they clean up/pack up everything, or did you have to stay and do it? I could probably drive you nuts with questions, because I'm getting ready to meet with them soon and your photos look so great. Thanks for sharing your experience!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course I don't mind you having the picture on your bio. Thank you for the compliment about my picture though. Now for your questions: Did you have to set up anything for the ceremony or reception yourself, or did you just hand the stuff over ahead of time and leave it to them? It was a destination wedding for a lot of my guests so I had lots of friends and family there to set everything up for me. They did the tables but we did the rest. You could ask them about that because they might be willing to do more than I had them do for us. They were pretty flexible so I would ask. Did you go with their menu, or ask for your own choices, and how was the food? We did the upgraded BBQ. I asked for a few things and we added hamburgers and hot dogs for the kids (and my DH!) Everyone raved about the food. They let us try it before the wedding to when we visited. We had our rehearsal dinner there as well and the food that night was also fabulous. We had baked ziti, chicken fingers and a sandwich platter with salads. I think they will do anything you ask. Bobbi (their chef) is great. She was so accommodating. Did you bring in alcohol, and if so, did that go smoothly and do you have any tips for how much to bring? We did beer and wine for 2 hours. It went very smoothly. We had a lot left over. I suggested that DH use the following calculator to plan. We did not spend a lot on alcohol and it was great to be able to save on that. My family and friends are not big drinkers and we ended up only spending about $100 plus the $345 for the serving fee (100 guests at 1.50 per hr). http://evite.com/pages/party/drink-calculator.jsp How did you handle the things you wanted back after the reception, for example, your cake knife and glasses? Did they clean up/pack up everything, or did you have to stay and do it? They cleaned out the chapel for us. Then they put everything from the ceremony and reception in a room off of Gullen for us to gather it up. We also cleaned up some things from the reception (or I should say that my family did that since they were all staying at the Inn). Feel free to email me at mattoonl at hotmail dot com if you have more questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry - the drink calculator link was messed up. Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/y8w347l
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Again, so helpful for me as well...thank you for all your advice about SB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IamJoesGirl...wow...I just saw your pics and they are AMAZING...that cake, those centerpieces, your flowers, everything looked STUNNING. Your hubby is one lucky guy!

I was wondering, what time your ceremony/reception was and what time did you have to check in/check out? I want our 80-100 guests to enjoy some of the amenities of SB. And if they come in on Sat, there doesn't seem to be a lot of time left over to hike, canoe, rock climb, etc. So I was hoping on Sunday we could all "check out" but then still use the SB facility. Anyway,  We were thinking for Saturday:
    ceremony 2:30 pm *cant be too early d/t OOT guests
    cocktail hour starts 3:30
    dinner at 5?
    I want to take pics in between ceremony/reception. This is really important to me.

Also, who did you use for your officient/pastor/rev.? We would like to use someone local, but the 300$ chaplin fee is pricey.

Sorry so many questions...but you seem like you really worked out the details :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards