Florida-Central Florida
Options

historic house/mansion for ceremony & reception??

Hi I'm from MD but I am having my wedding in FL. Anybody know of any houses or mansions (mabye historic or has age) in the Tampa / Clearwater area?? That are capable of doing a small ceremony and the reception all in one house? Please help!
Thanks!

Re: historic house/mansion for ceremony & reception??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    they have one in orlando that ive heard good reviews on... i dont know about MD, but i know in florida your going to want to check out the hotel/mansion in person... cause so far pictures have been alot more pleasant looking that the actual places have. good luck!

also, if you change your mind and switch to a hotel, use the hilton hotel in clearwater. they have wedding packages that are all inclusive. and its a really pretty hotel!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know there are a couple of them in Deland and Orlando, but I don't know any near Tampa. Try the West Coast board, they should have some better suggestions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a few in Sarasota that are amazing.  The Edson mansion and Powell Crosley mansion are both really popular.  Crosley books up over a year in advance!  The RIngling museum is amazing too, but pretty expensive.  There is also the Gamble plantation further up north near Tampa.  There are also some historic houses in Ft. Myers.  I got married at a lighthouse near St. Pete Beach...it's called Tampa Bay Watch.  You can do the ceremony on the lawn (the view is AMAZING!) and then they have an indoor room with all windows overlooking the water and wood floors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Casa Feliz in Orlando (Winter Park area) is gorgeous. I was looking at them for a venue for my wedding as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards