Second Weddings

A Different Kind Of Day

Normally, I am all about the stresses that have been involved with planning our wedding. And even though today I had to handle a certain amount of drama, I realized something, the drama has been over shadowed by the excitement of being happily married.

It doesn't seem that long ago since I first joined The Knot and got officially engaged to a wonderful man, a man I've been friends with since before my first marriage. 
It has been a long road, a road filled with ups and downs, crazy ex's, grown children behaving badly, date changes, invitation flaws, and procrastinating wedding guests. But here's the thing...I know marrying this guy, I call my best friend, is worth every second of planning drama, because I wouldn't change any of it. Every bump is the designing tapestry of our engagement. Those highs and lows and how we've dealt with them as a couple, have defined us and our upcoming wedding day. All the second guessing that comes with being a second time bride and worry over the should or shouldn't I's, seem like a faded memory. 

11 days from now I am going to be his Mrs and that's all that matters now. 
Keep your bridal chin up, girls...one day (if you haven't already) you will wake up to a house filled with wedding stuff and you'll smile with excitement and anticipation, realizing that it's all coming together. I do hope this encourages someone. :-) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A Different Kind Of Day

• Love the uplifting post, as so many are negative lately (but, hey, that's what this board is for - help, advice, and community with other brides!). Congrats on your exciting, happy, very near wedding!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Awww...blessings on your very near day! I can so relate on the crazy ex thing and stresses...sometimes I wonder if we really are going to make it. We have a bit over a year to go to get all this taken care of and plan our lives together... Im looking toward the future, but it sure is hard sometimes with all the negativity thrown in from every angle. Thank you for your uplifting post. And congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_a-different-kind-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:aa95c966-4257-4512-95ff-f2ca02023ba0Post:655839e3-04e8-4825-b4bf-61fbf6fd7289">Re: A Different Kind Of Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you in NC? I'm in Johnston County.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm in Sampson County. :-)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards