New Jersey
Options

Grace period for RSVPs before we start calling?

So we sent out our invites early so we still have 6 weeks before the big day. We asked for Rsvps May 1 st . Now we only only have about half  with a few days to go. I dont know if in part it's because my future in law decided he didnt want to send save the dates as we only only have about a 1/3rd responses from his guests. So how much of a cushion do we give guest before we email or call them?
and should we call or do we try and email first? Do we do this or have my fiancees parents make the calls?

Re: Grace period for RSVPs before we start calling?

• Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our responses were due the 22nd, we started texting/calling on the 26th.  We have had quiet a few people say they sent them earlier and they just arrived so I have a feeling some might have been delayed because of the holiday.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave people a week to 10 days.  You'll be surprised how many you get the day before, the day of, and the few days after.  Since you have so much time, I would give them a little leeway before you start calling.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I waited exactly 1 week after the due date.  If it was someone I was close with my a friend or someone I saw, Id ask them before that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine were due Saturday...and I was impatient and started nagging people right away--friends on Friday and relatives on Monday.  It helped, because a bunch of them thought they had mailed in their reply already, but really had just forgotten to do it.  Waiting longer wouldn't have gotten the cards in the mail.  Only two replies are still missing at this point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We started 3 days after! We wanted to know! And damn it- a stamped envelope was enclosed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards