Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Host

Hi, I was wondering if it is acceptable for the MOB to host the bridal shower?  I'm not having any attendants at my wedding, and plan on keeping the shower very casual (back yard party).  But I've read that it's tacky to have the MOB host the shower - however this is most cost effective, since my mom and myself will end up paying for most of it....please advise...

Re: Bridal Shower Host

• edited June 2012
    I think this is a regional thing. In my social circle, it is perfectly acceptable for the MOB and/or the MOG to host a shower. It's definitely not acceptable for the bride or groom to host, though.

• I'd never heard of it being a faux pas before TK and Weddingbee boards, ha. If you or anyone you know has been in situations where that's happened and you generally feel like it's going to go over okay, then go for it.
    Anniversary
  • i think it's totally fine!! becuase, really...who else would host for you if you have no MOH?
  • I am from Boston and at least 50% of the showers I've been to have been hosted by the mom, or the mom with bridesmaids. However, you really arent supposed to host/pay for it yourself. If your mom offers to throw one, accept, but but out while she plans it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards