Not Engaged Yet
Options

New Job Update- total vent

Turns out, I still hate it. 

The man's files are a MESS, he seems to lack a sense of professional decorum, and is way to scattered in his practice areas. He doesn't seem to know how to screen cases, has never seen the inside of a court room, his documents to the court are full of spelling and grammar errors, and he hides in the office with his door closed 90% of the time. I'm stuck looking and files thinking "WTF dude, what am I supposed to be doing?" 

If I'm going to be a poorly paid minion I think I need to find a position in an area I at least know how to practice...I'm so very miserable right now. 

//end vent

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New Job Update- total vent

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all:  Hugs!

Second of all:  You have a JOB right now. That's super important.  It sucks, he's a stupid bad speller, but he's (hypothetically) going to be paying you. Hold onto it.  It's apparently easier to be finding work when you're employed, so hold onto it for a few months--then start looking again. (Or sooner!)

It'll suck, but it's gotta be better than beign unemployed!

And back to:  Hugs!
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, Lennon that sucks! I'm sorry it hasn't gotten better.

Listen to becunning, she is wise :)
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not planning on quitting, not without something else lined up. I just feel so lost, and stressed out over this. 

I just need to know that I've passed the bar, so that I can find my next step. 10 more days...

(In other news, if I do pass, 2 cities have my dream job posted- city prosecutor, one of which I live in and have a good network built up in) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-job-update-total-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6c5cadd8-0801-482b-a77c-732b7543f4e7Post:97b8f114-2ce2-4f27-b7ca-a636400664ab">Re: New Job Update- total vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not planning on quitting, not without something else lined up. I just feel so lost, and stressed out over this.  I just need to know that I've passed the bar, so that I can find my next step. 10 more days... (In other news, if I do pass, 2 cities have my dream job posted- city prosecutor, one of which I live in and have a good network built up in) 
    Posted by lennonkdc[/QUOTE]

<div>Way to focus on the positive!  :) </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please be happy that you have a job! I would kill to have a job in my field! I got turned down for my dream job, a curatorial position in a museum and it was super depressing.  I haven't heard back from any other bio jobs I have applied for.  I am down to applying at retail stores, so please be thankful that you at least have something in your field.  I'm sorry that it is super stressful, but you always have to start somewhere!  Stay positive about your job and good luck on your prospects (I'm sure you passed the bar)!!!!
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just lost? I mean, I know what I'm supposed to be doing, but I don't know...my hearts not in it. I know that I just need to muddle through till next Friday, and that the job market (hopefully) will open up once I can practice.  I do know that I'm lucky to have a job at all! Trust me, I fee like a turd complaning, and I won't leave until I have something else lined up.

BF called to ask about the posting in our home town, I told him I couldn't even talk about it b/c it is literally exactly what I want to do with the rest of my life. I know I can do the job well  and that my salary requirements will be less then a more 'experianced' candidate. But just thinking about it make me worried, because I would be CRUSHED if I don't pass the bar and could not even apply. 

Even if I don't pass, I'm going to try to find a criminal defense attorney that might need a cheap minion...at least I know I love the subject matter, and will be learning in an area that I want to practice. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im so sorry to hear. hugs!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards