New Jersey - South

Carriage House Galloway, NJ

Hey everyone!!
Looking for some advice...

My fiance and I are beginning our search for a wedding venue. The pictures of the Carriage House look gorgeous...our guest list is much larger than we expected. Inviting about 250, thinking about 200-225 will show up but it is still more than we originally budgeted for. Is the Carriage House negotiable on prices? We definitely want a Saturday night wedding because it is at least 2 hours from all of our family and friends. (Unless we do a Sunday wedding on a holiday weekend)

Any suggestions for this venue or how to negotiate? Any suggestions on vendors - DJ, Photographer, Flowers, etc? Has anyone had their wedding here and did they enjoy the experience?

Thank you!!

Re: Carriage House Galloway, NJ

• My FSIL looked at a Saturday night in September for her and told her she needed 200 guests, so you're good there, and it was 120 a person and not budging. They were so rude to her. Honestly I have heard the food there is not very good and they kind of have the attitude that they're the best in town and you should be lucky to have your wedding there. You're pretty much paying for gorgeous photos there. It is a very pretty venue though and feel free to try to negotiate with them but they're pretty firm
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having my wedding there next weekend!  The facility is gorgeous and the people who work there have been amazing so far.  We had our tasting and the food was delicious!  It is def a pricey place and they only seem to give discounts on dates they have trouble booking.  We were able to get a small discount and it actually really helped keep us within our budget, but I think it was because it was an unbooked date in August.  The sales manager offered it in our initial meeting.  I don't think they give any discount for "popular" dates.  Def check it out and see everything because it is such a pretty place.

• My friend Julie just had her wedding there and it was beautiful! It is a bit pricey but totally worth it. Also if your going to spend the money on that venue make sure you have a rocking Dj.Mike from RunAwayWithUs Djs, did hers and it was non stop fun!
    http://RunAwayWithUs.com
    Also, theres a great local florists called Fioretta:
    http://www.fiorettaflorist.com/
  • Like you, I fell in love with The Carriage House, but they are a little over our budget.  I am in the process of negotiating with them right now, and they are willing to work with you.  They will "customize" a package for you, and significantly reduce the price.  My current package offers more than origianlly offered in the original package as well (vienesse dessert table, coffee and cordial station, intermezzo).  I am negotiating for a Friday night in August, so I am not sure if this plays a role in their willingness to work with us.  Overall, they have been great to work with, and I really hope to sign in the very near future.  
  • Thanks everyone! We actually just negotiated and are signing the contract this weekend for March 22 2014! Its a Saturday so we got a lot of extra stuff and an extra hour added in. I'm soo excited we were able to make it work with our budget... its by far the prettiest venue we have visited!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards