Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

singer for walking down the aisle

Has anyone had someone sing as you walked down the aisle? We are planning to do this and I'd love to hear how you figured out the timing. Thanks!

Re: singer for walking down the aisle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope. We just had a organist play for the entire processional. I forgot how she told us she would do the timing, but I think it was a few minutes for each depending on the number of BM's, etc. If you find someone that has done weddings before, he or she should know. It also depends on if they will be singing a different song for the bridal processional, when the BM's walk in, when the mother's walk in, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our musicians are a guitarist and a singer.  I haven't finalized the details yet, but I have no problem with him singing as people and/or I am walking down the aisle.  I figured they are professionals and they know what they are doing more than I do.  We'll work it out during the rehearsal.

September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AmusingBrideAmusingBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sang while my sister walked down the aisle. I didn't exactly know that was what I was signing up to do and didn't really get to watch her coming down because I was starting to tear up and didn't want to mess up!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a singer for Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring during the processional of BMs and me.  I have listened to the song and have an idea of when I want different people to start walking so that it works with the timing of the song, but that will be finalized at the rehearsal with the musicians.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not positive on timing yet, but so far I'm planning to have a song playing from the laptop (undecided on song yet) for most of the processional - while the mothers are being seated, attendants are walking down, flower girls etc as we have a LOT of little children filling roles as ring bearers and flowers girls, and I imagine it will take some time to get them all neatly down the aisle!
    Then my grampa is going to sing the Hawaiian Wedding Song while I walk down the aisle.  Its a fairly short song so by the time I get to the front he will hopefully be almost finished singing (we can stand there for a bit if need be while he finishes the song)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards