Military Brides

dependant ID card question:

Will I have to get my license changed to new last name before I can get my ID card? Also, do we have to get it issued at his current stationed base, or can we do it when he is visiting me in SD? AND (sorry for the questions!) Is there a time frame that we have to get that stuff done?

Less then 29 days to our elopment, dress will be in next week, rings are bought, hotel booked and flights paid for....I cant wait!!!

Re: dependant ID card question:

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

In my expirience, you can go to any base to get your ID.  You may want to call ahead.  At our base, you have to set up an appointment to get your ID card.  Other bases do not require an appointment. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can go to any base.  Ditto about checking whether you need an appointment or not, and also verify the hours because a lot of the offices have odd working hours.  And no you don't need to have your name changed on your license.  I didn't even change my license name until after we PCS-ed and I transferred my license to the new state, and changed my name then.  Your marriage license will have your maiden name and your married name (if you do change it).  I feel like I maybe had to bring my social security card too, but can't remember for sure.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards