Colorado-Denver
Options

Narrowing venues down, any personal experiences of these?

So far our top favorites are:

1) Willow Ridge Manor
2) Mt. Vernon Event Center

We are also looking at Stonebrook Manor and Lions Gate Center tomorrow. Lions Gate center looks beautiful in pictures and their packages sound almost too good to be true---so any personal experiences of that place would be great!

Already decided against Pines of Genesee, Terrace gardens, Fransician, and Christies of Genesee---just weren't for us, or too small, etc.

Also--anyone have pricing or info on Manor House? I still haven't heard back from them--which worries me a little--but its so beautiful, and I would love any information on pricing, catering, etc. that people might have!

Thanks so much guys!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Narrowing venues down, any personal experiences of these?

• Options
    SP19SP19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out stonebrook manor earlier this week and loved it. The place was really pretty and the grounds/outdoor spaces were really nice as well. Its practically all family run which I found kind of neat.
    I didnt choose them because they are too set with their timing and it didnt work for me. Im getting married in january  (which means the sun sets early) and want some pics after the ceremony during daytime, but dont want a morning wedding. With Stonebrook, I would have had to start my wedding at 11:30 am or 4pm. Other than that though, it seemed like a great place. very elegant
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only one that I checked out on your list was Stonebook which was where I had my wedding in June .  They were beautfiul and at the time there packages were amazing.  I don't know what the pricing is now.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lions Gate was the highest priced of all the ones I checked?  I wonder if I got something wrong.  We are looking at Omni Interlocken, Four Seasons, Oxford etc.. we are having 100 on NYE.
  • Options
    gretiffagretiffa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Stonebrook this September!  I love that its all inclusive, they make it so easy!  Though if you are on a budget you have to make wise chooses because it can get a bit pricey if you want it all!  Its a beautiful venue and I cant wait for our day there!
  • Options
    amandi34amandi34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married @ the Gatehouse in October and love them! The venue is a splurge but then you can do whatever you want for food, bring in your own alcohol and they help with anything!
  • Options
    jesmarz80jesmarz80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought the same thing about Lions Gate when I first looked at it. Then I started looking at tons of other places that "seemed" reasonable. I was getting quotes that added up to almost 9000 dollars with just the venue and food and ceremony! We hadn't even added in the DJ or liquor or officiant or invites or ANY of those things, and it was already that high! So then I revisited the all-inclusive packages at Lions Gate Center and realized that by the time I added in everything it at the "less expensive" places it was going to be that same amount, if not more. (noted, we are doing it on a Sunday to save some money though!). You can add or deduct anything you need to stay in your budget or speak with the vendors and tell them your budget for each thing. So its really flexible and so many options! Not to mention its BEAUTIFUL! As you might imagine-we picked our venue! We are doing Dove House and we are so excited!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I visited the manor house last year when we were looking for venues. We didn't talk to anyone, just sort of poked around. One thing that concerned us was that there was a for sale sign out front...

(Things may have changed however, because we visited in September 2009).
  • Options
    jenprice18jenprice18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't know if you are stilling deciding, but i am getting married at stonebrook manor next weekend.  they do have great packages, and it is nice that they have vendors right there. although we didn't use all of their vendors because some where not good deals at all.

they are VERY particular about timelines.  we are having our ceremony at our church, and i have had a lot of problems trying to explain why i can't be there during the set up time, etc.

it might be a beautiful place, but you need to keep in mind the service as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards