Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Hand Deliver Invites at Christmas?

So, we will be sending our invitations the week after New Year's but I'm wondering if it would be tacky to personally give invitations to the family members we will see on Christmas instead of sending them through the mail?  I'm totally okay with way, just wondering if it would look tacky or maybe it would be a nice personal touch?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hand Deliver Invites at Christmas?

• Options
    Sorry, meant to say that I am okay with EITHER way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you should probably mail them. It seems a little more "formal" and I dont know how your family works but at mine I always come home with a bag of goodies/cards/etc and it might get lost in the shuffle...
  • Options
    I think hand-delivering invitations is always a nice touch.  Just make sure EVERYONE there is invited.  It's very uncomfortable to be the one person there not getting an invite.  And it becomes apparent no matter how discreet you are.
  • Options
    I know, I see both sides myself.  I have a pretty small family so for sure everyone there would be getting an invitation.  That's not really an issue.  I do kind of like the idea of the personally giving them to people, but I also LOVE getting mail and also agree with the fact that Christmas gifts will be exchanged so I don't want it to get lost in the mix of all of that.  I will probably just mail them.  Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is actually nice to invite family members personally than just mailing them the invite. That way they will feel special. If I were you I will go to their house in person and invite them (the ones that live not too far from me) instead of handing them the invitation when I see them at a family dinner.
  • Options
    Practical considerations aside, it is definitely not tacky.  Actually, super old school traditional etiquette required that invitations be hand delivered or couriered.  

But I would consider the practical aspect of people losing them.  If your family is anything like mine, it would be bad news.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards