Military Brides

Re: k

• rel611rel611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Piegon Forge, TN. I had a cousin get married there and it was absoultely beautiful! Good luck! :)
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There are dozens of chapels in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.  Find some that you like and start calling.  You really don't need to do much since you are eloping.  You can actually get your license online:  http://www.gatlinburg.com/weddings/license/

So:
    - Find a chapel you like and book it
    - Find a dress ( do you want something casual or do you want a wedding dress)
    - Find something for him to wear
    - Get your license
    - Book a hotel or cabin
    - Make a reservation for a celebratory dinner
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    TX gave you great advice.  MH and I were in a similar situation (getting stop-lossed and deployed..which didn't happen but at the time we thought he was).  GL.

O and I found that I could get a dress faster ordering online than a bridal store.  You'd also would have to buy off the rack (if they even have your size) and you're buying the dress as is.  So sometimes they have stains and such.

I bought mine from www.plussizebridal.com They are super helpful and ship really fast.  Also, don't let the name fool you bc they have regular sizes too.
  • KatyBug513KatyBug513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area this past weekend, although I wasn't there for a wedding or looking into one I will say that it's absolutely gorgeous anytime of the year and I think finding somewhere to do it and stay will be rather easy. There are so many beautiful chalets high up in the mountains to rent for a few days, we stayed in one that we rented from a place called American Patriot Get Aways, it slept 21, we only had 15 of us though. The chalet itself was called True Grit but that rental place has TONS. Look there!!
    -Katy
    Visit Cincinnati.Weddings.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Love of mine, won't you lay by my side and rest your weary eyes before we're out of time. Give me one last kiss, for soon, such distance will stretch between our lips." - City and Colour
  • edited December 2011
    FI took me to Gatlinburg after I got back from Iraq for a week of decompression & it was beautiful.  The chapels are plentiful, the people friendly & the privacy of a mountain cabin can't be beat.  I highly recommend it!

Hit the pancake cabin - we had 3 people at other tables offer to marry us that morning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards