Hawaii

Above Heaven's Gate.

Hi Everyone, 

We just got engaged on Christmas morning of 2012, and thinking we'll get married in Hawaii in October of 2014.  In total there will be 10 guests, so it's a rather small and intimate wedding, which is what we would like.  I've only just started to look at different places to get married in Hawaii, and wondering which islands would be less commercialized and more intimate/private.  Any suggestions?

I looked at Above Heaven's Gate, and they offer a few different options for ceremonies, one of which is to have a wedding at sea aboard a yacht, which is very appealing to my fiance.  I'm just wondering if anyone has done this, and what their experience was like? 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/answers that you are able to offer.

Kind Regards,
Barb

Re: Above Heaven's Gate.

• Congrats Barb and welcome to the forum!  :)  We have a lot of Maui brides on this board - a good mix of city/resort and nature.  Kauai is definitely even more cozy / less commercial, and the Big Island is popular too.  

The one thing about a wedding on a yacht is to consider motion sickness -- if any guests get wonky on water, it could be a painful few hours for them.  We held a whale watching cruise the day after our wedding and some people declined due to a history of motion sickness.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_above-heavens-gate-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:710f6244-c45c-4250-bb9f-ca352e28fc99Post:f5fe4644-0456-4289-b5a5-0efc7fa3ca2b">Re: Above Heaven's Gate.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats Barb and welcome to the forum!  :)  We have a lot of Maui brides on this board - a good mix of city/resort and nature.  Kauai is definitely even more cozy / less commercial, and the Big Island is popular too.   The one thing about a wedding on a yacht is to consider motion sickness -- if any guests get wonky on water, it could be a painful few hours for them.  We held a whale watching cruise the day after our wedding and some people declined due to a history of motion sickness.  
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

My name is Eric and I am a travel agent located in Seattle, Washington. Our travel agency specializes in Hawaii destination weddings. I have sent hundreds of people to Hawaii to get married. One of the best (if not the best!) wedding planners, we work with is the folks at Above Heaven's Gate! The ceremony locations they offer are nothing short of a dream come true! Angel's Bay offers pristine, crystal clears waters and a sugar white beach. Photographs in front of Pukulani Falls is another bonus to utilizing this company. The best thing about going through AHG is the beauty of being able to order your wedding by components (ala carte) they realize that one size does not fit all and you can choose exactly what you need to make your special day a reality. Many couples (and their) guests have chosen Above Heaven's Gate to officiate them. This is possible, even if you choose to spend most of your time on one of the other islands, skipping over to Oahu for the wedding and then heading back to Maui or Kauai is perfectly possible and affordable. This is a great scenario if you intend of having guests come along. Oahu offers much more to do, activity-wise for all involved. Quite often the trip starts with everyone together on Oahu and after the ceremony, when the guests head home, the honeymooner's "escape" to another island of their choosing for the remainer of their time in Hawaii.     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards