Illinois-Chicago
Options

Reasonable Photography and Florist??

Hello Fellow Brides,

Do any of you have reasonably priced photography information in the Chicago area?  I also need a florist that is reasonable too.  Any suggestions?
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Reasonable Photography and Florist??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Floressence.  Ebony is the owner and she doesn't have a studio front, therefore her costs are much lower than everyone else's and she does fab work!  She used to be head designer florist at a big shop downtown.   She's also my yoga instructor so reach out and tell her i sent you!  http://www.floressencechicago.com/

My DJ is Lorenzo DeGregorio and you pay for only what you need.  We're paying $1700 for 7 hours and he edits the photos and we own them all on disk when all is said and done. He does albums if you want, but you don't have to get one.  We are not as I want to do it on my own.  http://www.lorenzodegregorio.com/ I believe his wedding blog is being rerouted right now, but his photographs are amazing, esp if you like true photojournalism.
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • Options
    sharonda1981sharonda1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually going with Fred Fox Photography. www.fredfox.com
    Check their website out. When I went for my consultation they were so imformative and welcoming and they didn't pressure me to use them. What I like about them is you can make a $100 deposit to reserve your date and then make payments through out the year, when ever you want until balance is paid in full. Also they have a register site. You can list them on your register in your invites and people can go online to give gift amounts towards your photographer. I love that because I have enought toasters and dishes.
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a budget on what you would like to spend for each of those services? That might help some ladies offer suggestions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with Jiho Park with Lilly Photography -- very resonable and his photography style is great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure of my budget since I really don't know what the going rate is for those things.  I guess I have to see what different florists and photographers are offering and if it sounds good, I might go with it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @karijohannsen:  I am going to reach out to her in the morning and I will mention that you referred me.  Thank you
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Crystal's flower shop. They have everything at very reasonable prices including chair covers.

Check out Lasting Beauty Photography. I am not sure of the exact website, but you can Google them. HTH

And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    AnnaScarlettAnnaScarlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aliy at http://allisonmayer.com she is VERY reasonably priced.
  • Options
    princessczprincesscz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tasha at redwallphotography.com!

Her package is really reasonable, she's super talented and a sweetheart!

Also, I don't know where you are, but we got our flowers from Westgate Plant and Flower Shop in Oak Park.  The flowers were beautiful and really reasonably priced.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kara Schultz for Photography and Kio Kreations for Flowers. Both are highly recommended on here and are amazingly talented. Both will work within your budget too...def check them out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Zuzu's Petals for flowers is highly recommended here as well.  Natalie works well with budgets.
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Miller's Florist is very reasonably priced.

For the quality of her work, Erica Rose Photography is reasonable as well and works within your budget.

I used both for my July 3rd wedding; you can find reviews and pictures in my married bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_reasonable-photography-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:d060dcfb-a5c5-4c98-b9cd-a5695c165327Post:3ed525c1-94e1-4360-a878-3ae1dfe91734">Re: Reasonable Photography and Florist??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went with Jiho Park with Lilly Photography -- very resonable and his photography style is great!
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]
    Ditto!  LOOOOOOVE Jiho!<div>
    </div><div>Oh and we are using Ray's Posey Patch.  He is FANTASTIC about fitting into a budget.</div>
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the south burbs( Oak Forest), Catherine's Gardens is amazing.  They did my cousins wedding a couple of weeks ago and it was beautiful.  They were THOUSANDS less than other quotes I recieved for flowers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no clue on Florists, thats my next big thing to tackle.  Im in the SW burbs so I think Im going to try ZuZu's Petals and Cathrines Gardens...ive seen a few people suggest them.

I have to say that Jiho Park with Lilly Photography was super nice when I contacted him.  He wasnt available for my date, but he suggested an associate of his and sent me her portfolio (in the end I was weary only because she only has done 4 weddings in the past)  and thier quote was really good.

We just booked with George St last night.  Ive seen some great reviews.  For $1200 (which for us was the absolute max we could afford, just to give you an idea), we are getting 10 hrs, an on site studio for posed pics, unlimited locations, an engagment session (which we decided to not take but will get a $50 print credit),  All photos on a Hi Res DVD after 6 months with rights to use them, a pretty cool album and we were able to pick our photorapher.  They presented us with 6 to choose from and showed us a slide show of each.  Super nice.

All I can say is sotra have a budget in mind.  Everyone here has a different budget.  Some girls "affordable" is $2500 for photography, some peoples is $500.  You know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we also used catherine's gardens in aok forest.  Very reasonable and the flowers were FANTASTIC!  Julie does not try and "up sell" you.  She helped me out a lot because I know nothing about flowers.  We also booked absolute dreams limo and got a 10% discount off our flowers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_reasonable-photography-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:d060dcfb-a5c5-4c98-b9cd-a5695c165327Post:b8ef4b16-ef44-48ee-bed0-1cc011ebc186">Re: Reasonable Photography and Florist??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Crystal's flower shop. They have everything at very reasonable prices including chair covers. Check out Lasting Beauty Photography. I am not sure of the exact website, but you can Google them. HTH
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

Thank you  Miss Courtney for the recommendation to use Crystal's Flower shop.  I booked with them today.  very professional and reasonable.  Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards