Delaware

**May37**

Just in case...

If you have any thoughts of possibly having your wedding in NJ, I have info on quite a few places from Camden down to the beach, so let me know if you need any info.  We looked at Advanture Aquarium (Camden), Tomasello Winery (Hammonton), Carriage House (Galloway), Smithville Inn (Smithville), and The Mansion (Voorhees).  I've also attended weddings at Linwood CC, Tomasello Winery, Congress Hall (Cape May) and Sand Barrens.

Re: **May37**

• may37may37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I will show my FH those places and if he wants to check any of them out I will definitely let you know! Right now we have no idea what area we want to go with! I love having the options with the different location areas but it's also making it harder at the same time.
  • edited December 2011

If it makes you feel any better, I had the same problem.  I'm from South Jersey, FI is from New York, and we have bridal party and guests in NJ, PA, NY, DE, FL, WV and MD!  Most of our guests will have to travel no matter where we have the wedding, so we were flexible.

We chose to look mostly in Jersey for a location because I'm more familiar and comfortable with it, and its easier to include my mom (she doesn't do well with highway traveling).  My fiance is letting me do most of the planning, so its been easy to navigate through vendors because I actually know where they are!

I think my advice is to do a lot of internet research, and email vendors for pricing first.  Then you can narrow down the few places that you like, and make a visit.  I wouldn't visit 20 different places in the tri-state area if you dont have to.  But, please be aware that pics online can be deceiving!  I learned that with the Carriage House.

What area of South Jersey are you guys from?

• edited December 2011
    My cousin had hers at the Renault Winery--it's beautiful and there's a hotel right there.
  • may37may37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FH and I both grew up in the same general area (He's from Williamstown while I'm from Waterford). While we were only about 10 minutes apart we never met til college even though some of my friends knew of him.

I would love to look more in Jersey but I'm having a hard time find something that's able to have a larger amount of guests and still stay in my price range while being the look we're going for. I know, we're asking for a lot!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think you said you were trying to stay around $100... we're getting married at the Mansion on a Friday and are paying $125/pp.  That includes all food, top-shelf open bar, linens and the cake.  They have a room on their 3rd floor that can hold a few hundred guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards