South Asian Weddings
Options

wedding gift for fiance?

Hey

I'm having trouble thinking of a good gift for him.  I want to spend up to like $500, but I just can't think of anything that I'm really jazzed about giving him.  I know he wants an iPad, but I'd rather give him something a little more sentimental.  

Any ideas? What are you getting yours?

Thanks!

Re: wedding gift for fiance?

• Options
    ssarangissarangi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about a watch, or really nice cufflinks?  I know that that's pretty generic, but I think they're good gifts...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was actually thinking about getting him an ipad..lol..
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am doing something more heartfelt. I have collected everything from movie tickets to fliers to restsaurants reciepts and I am going to turn them into a scrapbook combined with photos of our relationship and our travels.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im with Sonali and would suggest something heartfelt and personal. Not that the ipad wouldn't be nice, but I feel like if you're going to exchange gifts for your wedding or gift him something special to mark the occasion, it should be unique and sentimental. You could easily get him an ipad for his birthday or Christmas and once it's outlived it's electronic life, that wedding gift is gone.

ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lost a lot of weight for the wedding (healthily), and that was my gift to him...  I do like scrapbook :)  Inkubook has really good methods to put a smaill album together (there are other sites as well)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest something that he's into. If you DO plan on getting him an iPad, you can have it engraved w. a love note or something. If he golfs, you can get him a personalized club or travel bag with his initials. I also agree w. the scrapbooking idea.
  • Options
    nikkichinikkichi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies. 

i went with something a bit more personal than an iPad...a boudoir book.  I just finalized the pics and ordered the book today.  Super excited to see how it turns out.  

I titled it : Mrs. N___  M____, and then in the corner put our wedding date.  

Now i just need to figure out how give it to him before the wedding without his groomsmen and family seeing.  Eek! hahah.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards