Vineyard Weddings

summer vineyard colors?

Hi, I just picked out my dress and had origionally wanted white, but the stores only had my dress in ivory and I did not want to order white without seeing it first (I couldn't find any pics of it in white online either)..... I had wanted fushia and orange as my colors (which looking back might not have worked so well with my venue), but I think they will clash with ivory....any color suggestions that are summery but also go with the ivory dress and vineyard location?

Re: summer vineyard colors?

• It seems like almost everyone who hosts a vineyard wedding incorporates some sort of purple-y color.  Pretty much anything from soft, pale lilac to deep dark eggplant/lapis would go great with both the theme and your dress- ivory.
    I have seen lots of pictures of different shades of green that also look great- kelly and clover come to mind right off the bat...  even shades of pale yellow with highlights of purple would keep it light, but still blend well.
    You seem to be into bright, bold colors (fushia and orange), so I'm not sure how excited you would be about muted metallics, but I have seen both gold and/or silver color schemes that turned out beautiful.
    If you love orange, maybe consider doing a rustic-y look with dark purple and a burnt orange/copper color.  These seem to tie in beautifully with the vineyard setting... a little dark so summer, but if it will help to incorporate one of your fav colors- who cares!!!
    Personally, I am going with a deep, dark purple with accents of green, silver and ivory.  The purple is a little dark for May, but I love the look and don't really care if Miss Manners think its too dark.  lol  Smile  My girls are soooo happy with the color for their dresses (DB lapis) and although it has been a little tough to find matching linens, it has been worth the search.  Very happy with the look!!!  Very elegant!

Good luck with your decision.  Choosing the perfect colors can be tough, but I'm sure you will find a combo that you are happy with!!!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • im getting married at a vineyard and my colours are red and fuschia :)

i think that orange and fuschia would go fine with ivory.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards