California-Bay Area
Options

Brazilian Room Caterers...

Hello,
My fiance and I are seriously considering the Brazilian Room for our wedding ceremony and reception.  But we are on a budget, and we want to keep our catering costs as low as possible.

Anyone used any of the vendors below...if so, how reasonably priced were they?  How did the food taste?  How was the service?  Any input-- both positive and negative would be appreciated.  Thank you!

*Royal Raspberry, Ltd.
    *Serves you Right Catering
    *Trumpetvine Catering
    *The Arlington

Re: Brazilian Room Caterers...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding at the Brazilian Room this past Saturday and we used "Serves you Right" with Matt and Marcie. They were absolutely amazing. I LOVE Matt's homemade Pesto gnocchi and spicy green beans. Marcie is absolutely amazing with her quick communication and professionalism. They really helped make the day run smoothly and I highly recommend them.

The Brazilian Room was AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect location. Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you dont mind my asking... How many people were served at your wedding?
  • Options
    slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MoH worked for Trumpetvine for a while and she said their food is fantastic (she's a foodie too so she'd know).

I had considered the Brazilian Room and Trumpetvine initially but ended up choosing a different venue that would provide the food and an onsite coordinator because I liked the idea of having someone onsite to make sure everything went smoothly.  I was also worried about my out of town guests getting lost on their way to the venue, and couldn't afford to arrange to transport them on a bus etc.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend Serves You Right catering. We were going to have our event at the Brazilian Room and they were the only caterers that really knew the location. We ended up using them at another location and below is my review.

Serves You Right Catering catered our wedding at The Snow Building at The Oakland Zoo and everything turned out so lovely! The SYR team did such a great job of making sure everything ran smoothly and stayed on track. We also received many comments about how great the food was. We can't thank them enough for making our special day so effortlessly wonderful! The food truly was incredible. We made the right decision choosing them! At the wedding I kept leaning over to my new wife and saying, "I think this is the best food I've ever had at a wedding. And it's our wedding.” For starters to describe them immaculate, beautiful, precise, colorful, friendly, knowledgeable, superb. Lol Yeah, yeah so I may have gone a bit over board or at least cheesy in the sense but those are the words that pop in my head when working with and dealing with the staff at Serves You Right Catering. And speaking of the staff they are EXTREMELY friendly.

I can't stress that enough. Friendly and upbeat and so very helpful. They're on top of it without being on top of you and get your minds out of the gutter, I didn't mean it that way. lol They take the pressure off of what could be a very stressful situation. For example...a wedding. It's suppose to be the happiest day of your life right? So why should you have to worry about the small and large things that go into it? Thankfully you have these guys to help you with every step before the event. They have an on-site chefs, an extensive staff of servers, bartenders, and a great event coordinator not to mention have connections with some of the top vendors in town so if there's something you want they can find it.

So if you're looking for a company to cater your event then check out Serves You Right Catering

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards