September 2012 Weddings
Options

Bachelorette Party!/Wedding Stress

Hi ladies!  I had my bachelorette party this weekend.  It was so nice.  It's great knowing these ladies love me so much!  I got to my best friend's house and was given a choice of two items to wear: an old lady nightgown (think high neck and covered to the ankles) or a "bubble" shirt with a very fashionable '90's jean jumper.  Well, of course the jean jumper to leave the house!  And then my mom did my hair in pony tails like she did when I was little.  And my outfit was completed with sash, crown, feather boa, and fairy dust.  Oh the glitter!

We went to a ceramics place to paint ceramics.  My best friend had picked out plates, bowls, and mugs for the ladies to paint and then they will give those to me after they are fired.  Everyone added their own touches to the ceramics.  It was very fun.  We then went to a local pizza place, where our feather boas proceeded to molt all over!  We went to the liquor store for a drink and back to my best friend's place for a bonfire (where I changed into my old lady nightgown and found it oddly comfy!).  And throughout the night they had a bag full of fun little gifts that I'd open when they made noise with their noisemaker. 

It was really a lovely weekend!  I'm so blessed!

Sunday, I realized that my dad is very stressed about the wedding...I'm not sure if it's the wedding or "losing" his baby girl, though.  We got in this argument about transportation from the hotel to the park for the ceremony.  It's three blocks, so it's not a HUGE deal, but does need to be addressed.  He mentioned one thing and I asked, very calmly for some clarification, and he kind of exploded about how that didn't matter and the point was it was going to take x minutes to get to and from the park, etc.  So I think it was about stress more than transportation.  I hate to see him stressed.  I asked my mom later if he was stressed about the wedding or transporation or what, and she said, oh you can't talk to him about the wedding.  Haha! 
Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.

Re: Bachelorette Party!/Wedding Stress

• Options
    awww! we all are getting so close and i think everyone is stressing out about everything! but your bach party sounded like a blast! :-) I had mine this past weekend too! So much fun!
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards