New York-New York City

Ceremony at Brooklyn Bridge Park

Hi!
we are getting married this july and having our reception at Rebar, however my fiancee insisted on having our ceremony at brooklyn bridge park (right by the water)

Its a beautiful spot with views of the city, however you are exposed to the elements, you have the train running above your head and not allowed to have amplified sound, our ceremony is after sunset (jewish) so it will be dark. A

nd there are no chairs allowed so people need to sit on concrete "bleacher" type seats that are already there. Also, we have 100+ people.  Attached image is the area with the black dots representing where people would be sitting,

Any ideas on how to make this happen? Lighting, seating, etc? If anyone has had their ceremony there or simiar i would love to hear any input. Thanks!

Re: Ceremony at Brooklyn Bridge Park

• TLR19TLR19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married in that same spot in October, late afternoon ceremony. I have read various postings of other people getting married here and although it can be a little loud with the trains, you make it work by waiting for them to pass, etc. You're outside within the elements, I think most people will understand.

As far as lighting goes, I've read of other brides having their bridesmaids carry lanterns, so that could be an option if you get married after dark.

I have read of other people using amplification even though you're not supposed to. I don't think we are going to, but it seems people have done it in the past, so if this is really an issue for you, especially if you are having 100+ guests, you might want to look into it.

As far as seating, you are allowed to bring in 10 chairs. We will be bringing some in for the older guests, and then everyone else will either stand or sit on the concrete steps. We might be providing mats or cushions as well that people can sit on.

Hope this is helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards