Maine

Deleted

Re: Deleted

• edited December 2011
    we're using fosters downeast clambake for our RD (which is 150-200 ppl so it's pretty involved).  they could not be more gracious and easy to work with.
  • mel4101mel4101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi LillyBean!  The list of caterers you are looking into is surprisingly the exact same list that my venue (5th Maine Regiment Museum) gave me.  By any chance are you getting married there, too??  If so, we should chat!  Peaks Island is so beautiful, I LOVE the view from the museum, and my wedding is just a month and a half away.

I looked into all 3 caterers, and I ended up going with a Moveable Feast.  Beth Dalton, the owner, is AMAZING, well-priced, EXCELLENT menu options, and she is soooooo helpful.  We interviewed Aurora Provisions in person, and they were just not very friendly and didn't get back in touch.  Once they found out that we were having a relatively smaller wedding on a busy wedding day, they were almost rude and didn't even want to send us their quote!  I would definitely go with a Moveable Feast!

In terms of transport, I contacted the Peaks Island taxi service as well as the Island Tours golf cart and they are both going to help out the day of.  We are also going to have a car on the island and will have an uncle shuttle people back and forth the day of.

Send me a private message if you want some more information or want to generally discuss logistical ideas!

What's your date??
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_trip-maine-change-of-plans-peaks-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:36c31281-3ed2-43db-bdc2-cba99030b8cbPost:661227a9-4807-4318-8e4e-1ea2dea2e03b">Re: Trip to Maine and Change of Plans! Peaks Island It Is!</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're using fosters downeast clambake for our RD (which is 150-200 ppl so it's pretty involved).  they could not be more gracious and easy to work with.
    Posted by slwager[/QUOTE]

I am laughing when I see your post, I am doing the same thing for RD but not the same vendor.  We are having ours at Colony Hotel.  We should have plan our wedding together to save time, essentially it's the same wedding.  haha.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Lillybean - we have the same date! You should join us over at the July 2012 boards, too =)

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest

my read shelf:
    Esskem's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_trip-maine-change-of-plans-peaks-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:36c31281-3ed2-43db-bdc2-cba99030b8cbPost:3a6107c2-03f3-456a-a579-e890efbda4ef">Re: Trip to Maine and Change of Plans! Peaks Island It Is!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trip to Maine and Change of Plans! Peaks Island It Is! : I am laughing when I see your post, I am doing the same thing for RD but not the same vendor.  We are having ours at Colony Hotel.  We should have plan our wedding together to save time, essentially it's the same wedding.  haha.
    Posted by jchow009[/QUOTE]

You guys are too funny!!  We're having a lobster bake rehearsal dinner too.  Guess it's the "thing" to do!
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_trip-maine-change-of-plans-peaks-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:36c31281-3ed2-43db-bdc2-cba99030b8cbPost:4e37507d-21c4-412b-a68b-f31da24cf3b4">Re: Trip to Maine and Change of Plans! Peaks Island It Is!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trip to Maine and Change of Plans! Peaks Island It Is! : You guys are too funny!!  We're having a lobster bake rehearsal dinner too.  Guess it's the "thing" to do!
    Posted by chrispygal[/QUOTE]

I know it's funny we both live in NYC wedding at the same venue, had the shower at the same weekend, clam bake as RD, using th same hair and makeup person, wedding is a week apart. I don't know of you can get closer than that!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing you will want to do is make sure you give your guests the locations of multiple garages near the ferry terminal.  The garage right at the terminal has a tendencey to be full during the summer (I live up the street - drive by it all the time) on a regular basis.

You might also want to tell your guests that the ferry leaves 15 minutes earlier than it really does.  I have lots of friends, family, and in-laws who are ALWAYS late, regardless of the circumstances.  Pair that with having to park at a different garage and walk to the ferry terminal and people will be missing their ride.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards