Offbeat Weddings

Need a theme

I need help coming up with a cool theme i can incorporate into the wedding.  We're getting married late April 2013 in So Cal in an outdoor wedding and reception in the same location and I want the major color to be RED. but i need some helpwith a second color or a theme i could use to make the whole thing more unique.

Thanks Off Beat Knotties!!

Re: Need a theme

• I'm not good with themes so hopefully others can help with that.
    I do want to point out that you don't have to have a theme. Red can be your "theme" and you can do a lot with that.

**TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Well, it would help to know a little bit more about your plans, for example, how formal do you want it to be? Indoor or outdoor? etc.

Off the top of my head, Red at that time of year makes me think of.....

a) red and white checked picnic tables, you could do a picnic theme

b) ~my better idea~ you could incorporate kites. The 'red kite in a crisp blue sky' thing is springing to my mind. 
  • If you're doing a themed wedding it should be a theme that you're passionate about, or maybe it has something to do with how you and your FI got together, or how he proposed. If your heart isn't into it, you're going to look back and wonder what the heck you were thinking. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_need-theme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:8b57beb0-71df-4f64-820c-efd4f2988839Post:f7586924-b1d2-428a-9512-4c4d8b97f0b3">Re: Need a theme</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're doing a themed wedding it should be a theme that you're passionate about, or maybe it has something to do with how you and your FI got together, or how he proposed. If your heart isn't into it, you're going to look back and wonder what the heck you were thinking. 
    Posted by bell2belling[/QUOTE]
    I think this is great advice. We incorporated succulents because I grow them at home, give them as gifts, paint them, doodle them, am slightly obsessed. Weird, I know. But it was something we liked that made sense to us.<div>
    </div><div>But...I do really, really love the kite idea.</div>
  • We are doing a seventies, vintage, owl, organic theme. 
  • I agree with above....dont have a theme unless its something that truely screams you at the top of its lungs...red can go with lots of colors. Red and blue can look nautical, red and white is kind of traditional/romantic, Differnt shades of red could be fun, red and green would fit a wedding that incorprates red tulips or something, red and black is always dramatic (we are painting a room in our house red and black). So many options, i think you more have to choose how much or how little red you want then worry about a differnt color or theme, and that can help you decide what kind of look you want.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• I have always loved the photo inspiration boards of people who use like a bright cherry red with like a light blue. or even a seafoam green-blue. and creamy off white. Kind of vintage-y but then a bright pop of red! 

You don't need a themed, colors can be the theme. 

Or you can do polka dots or soemthing simple.

• I agree with PPs, it depends on what you like. FI and I are doing a red rose theme, with our dominant colours being red and black, the inspiration being my tattoo lol
  • You girls are so creative!  we're getting married at a barn/historical monument and i would love to do rustic theme with red and light tan, but fiance is planning on turning inside of barn into more of a nightclub feel with blue lights. ceremony and reception will be at same location but out doors then all the dancing will be inside the barn (which really isnt a barn at all, just a plain brown large looking house with a very plain white inside about 1000 sq ft which we are turning into the dance area (music allowed inside only).  so on the patio of the house we're planning on makeing a loungy type area with white couches from craigslist or something. oh and all the lights he is going to put up will be blue.  so i'm really stuck on how to pull it all together, I really dont like the look of red and blue together but since the blue will be inside i dont think i have to use it through the whole wedding? Venue is Newland Barn in Huntington Beach CA.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards