Chinese Weddings
Options

mom might be driving me crazy...no she is

is it customary for my mom to change during the reception as well?

whether or not it isn't my mom wants to change.  well, i understand that it might be a custom, but i feel that that takes away from the attention of me.  doesn't it?  i'm not trying to be selfish, but it's my wedding right?

and she's so excited to wear all this jewelry, but she basically does not have enough appendages.  so not only does she want to change, but she wants to change her jewelry to match (cause everyone always comments on how her jewelry matches her clothes).  i feel like she wants all this attention.

i know she's just excited and i really shouldn't get angry/upset with her.  that's just how i feel right now and wanted to get that out.  thanks for listening. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: mom might be driving me crazy...no she is

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mom changed during my wedding---she really wanted to. i don't think anybody even noticed that she changed.... the attention will be on you anyways, as the bride.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom also changed during our reception. It really didn't take away anything from me and she was happy. Not a big deal in my opinion.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom changed into a different dress for the reception, but not during the reception. At my cousin's wedding, my aunt had like 3 reception outfits!

NOTHING will take the attention away from the bride on the wedding day. Trust me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_chinese-weddings_mom-might-driving-crazyno-she?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:397Discussion:d05087e1-9abd-4eda-a0c9-99b462ef6d4bPost:6c40285b-e9ea-4268-b5cc-bc76fba9d1f1">Re: mom might be driving me crazy...no she is</a>:
    [QUOTE]NOTHING will take the attention away from the bride on the wedding day. Trust me.
    Posted by ring_pop[/QUOTE]
    THIS.  Don't worry at all.  Let your mom have her moment to shine.  After all, she's also proud of the woman she's raised and probably wants a little positive reinforcement.  A few people may notice, and it'll make her feel great.  But EVERYONE will notice you.  No worries at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    phew....i knew i was being a little crazy about this.  i just needed to vent that out...thanks all
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards