Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

The next wedding we are going to is...ours?

So the past two summers has been a flurry of weddings for FI and I (I think 13 total).  We just went to his cousin's wedding last night and I had the realization that the next wedding that we will be attening will probably be ours.  It kind of took me by surprise!  I mean, we have been engaged for a while, but that made it seem surreal to me again.  Granted our wedding isn't for another 8 1/2 months, but still.  I don't know maybe it's just me, but I am all engrossed in planning, but its still hard to picture actually happening, lol.

Not much of a point to this post, but I am supposed to be writing a paper right now (about beta glucan in oat and barley...ugh grad school sucks) and I needed a break!

Also, I asked this question once before, but I think some of the answers are so funny that I'm going to ask all the new people I haven't heard from yet.

What does your FI care about in wedding planning that you totally did not expect?  Mine was looking through one of my wedding magazines (lol) and he found some funny cake toppers (bride and groom high-fiving) and now he HAS to have it.  Another one of my friends said hers really cared about the napkins at the reception (I really don't get that one!)  What does your FI have a strong opinion about?

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html

Re: The next wedding we are going to is...ours?

• edited December 2011
    I remember having that same feeling after my cousin. We were next, but hers was 2 wks before ours so it really sunk in!

My FI didn't have any weird must haves. He wanted a DJ (vs Band) and he wanted to pick out the guy's attire. He ended up wanting White Tuxes for the guys which I thought was unusual.
  • edited December 2011
    I had the same feeling after my cousin's wedding in September.
    FI really wanted to pick out how the bridal party would be matched up for some reason, so I let him. But that is really it..
  • edited December 2011
    My FI has actually helped a lot especially with the photographer but this isn't really unusual because he is a photographer him self so I can see that but what I thought was pretty funny he insisted to go with a feather pen for the guest book also the card box he wanted it to be something different other than a bird cage or three boxes stacked on top of each other. Any Ideas?
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was really into ring shopping, which was sort of surprising. We went to tons of stores before we finally found a place to do my ring. He was super picky about his-- more than I was-- and insisted on rose gold with silver and some kind of engraved design.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards