New York

Syracuse area reception venue suggestions

My fiancé and I are SU alums and in the early stages of planning our wedding for 2012. Does anyone have any suggestions for reception venues in the Syracuse area (no further than 30 mins away) that we can look at? We live in the NYC area but would love to have a big party weekend for our wedding in Syracuse since that's where we met.
Thanks!

Re: Syracuse area reception venue suggestions

• ericab1020ericab1020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am having my ceremony and reception at Justin's Grill in East Syracuse right near Carrier circle. It is so nice there and offer a lot in their package. And there are a bunch of hotels right around it, in walking distance, for you and your guests to stay. Their prices are very reasonable with the amount of extras they offer along with it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the genesee grande hotel which is right in the university's back yard! There is also the Sheraton right there too. What is important to u in a venue? We are planning from Baltimore so we wanted a hotel to make our guests happy.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Theres a million places open to suggestion.

Let us know a little more about what your looking for: formality, price, etc. The more we know what youre looking for, the better we can help you.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I second justins grill. My reception is going to be there.. I love that place!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. We would love a place with GREAT food and a big dance floor. Something elegant but not too ornate. We are going to probably go pretty simple when it comes to decor, so the place needs to have it's own style. Does anyone know anything about having a wedding at the Landmark theatre? I've only read about it online and was trying to figure out how that could work... Our ceremony would be on campus at Hendricks Chapel, so we would love be close to campus, but we are willing to provide transportation for guests as far as 30 mins away. We are looking forward to taking a trip up to Syracuse to visit and figure this all out! And I'm excited to finally start the process. We've been engaged just over 2 months, but together for 13 years...it's time to get this done! Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    What are you looking to spend?

The Sheraton is right there on campus. Its on the higher price end, but the food is great and its its a classy hotel.

Theres also the Embassy Suites which is about 15 min away. Again, beautiful hotel with its own ball room for receptions.

With hotels they may offer transportation for the guests. Not positive.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • carolburnettcarolburnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try traditions at links in fayetteville
  • edited December 2011
    Landmark is awesome site! We tried there but they don't book weddings during October and thats the month we wanted. Great venue though! Just they close out many months for various reasons (proms, concerts, etc)
  • edited December 2011

We're having ours at the Doubletree in East Syracuse (Carrier Circle) They just a whole remodel! New modern colors, slate gray with purple accent furniture.  They have a restaurant and bar right in the hotel.  Prices are more than reasonable for the Syracuse area.  And Shari is the wedding planner! She is so sweet and totally on top of her game!

221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.... We love the idea of the landmark theatre. We are going to look into that tomorrow morning. Our budget is roughly $30,000 for the entire wedding, everything included. We could go higher if needed, but that's what we are working off of right now.
  • KES27KES27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at the Genesee Grande.  It's pretty close to campus (my fiance went to SU) but not in the backyard.  :)  They've been great to work with so far.
  • edited December 2011
    We visited the Landmark Theatre this weekend and loved it! The only glitch is that the chapel on campus and the landmark only match up for the weekend of Father's day--the wedding would be Saturday night and the majority of the guests are from out of town. Any thoughts on that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards