Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ceremony help

Hey everyone. I amd looking for a ceremony location in the Rochester, Lake Orion area. Our wedding will be about 200 people. FI is Catholic, but doesn't really practice and I am christian. I have tried looking at some Chapels in the area but it seems that none can accomodate our size wedding. Anyone have any suggestions, churches, parks, anywhere. We wouldn't mind something outside, but we hope they would have a "rain plan" as the wedding is in June 2013. Any suggestions are welcomed.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony help

• Options
    Rivercrest in Rochester can hold that many people.  The owner is great to work with too.
  • Options
    We got married at Oak Arbor in Rochester/Oakland Twp. we had both our ceremony and reception there - they were great to work with, it has beautifully large windows so even though it's indoors you can have natural sunlight and see the gorgeous-ness of outside. 

PP mentioned Rivercrest and we used them for catering -- they were AWESOME to work with.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_ceremony-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:d06965f3-7c8b-4461-8639-527489bfb783Post:41b1978e-5d52-4036-a7dd-bb9cc945b9b1">Re: Ceremony help</a>:
    [QUOTE]We almost went with Rivercrest, and I have friends who did and they are AWESOME! The owner will do anything to make your day amazing. The only thing is with the bridge under construction it can be a pain to get in and out of. We attended a wedding at Oak Arbor and it was really nice too. Depending on your budget there is always Meadow Brook Hall on OU's campus. There is also Oakwood wedding chapel in Oxford. Also, depending on your comfort level there are several churches in the area that marry non-members. Good luck! Rochester is my adopted home after attending OU. :-)
    Posted by rubyred0100[/QUOTE]

I just got an email from River Crest saying they only rent ceremony space to those who are having their reception there. I have emails to both Oakwood and Meadow Brook..I would looove to have it at Meadowbrook, it looks GORGEOUS in the Pegasus Garden!
  • Options
    Meadowbrook is already booked for my date. :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards