Maryland
Options

Want to ENJOY your wedding? Read this!

I had a limited budget, and so I decided to make a lot of things myself.  However, I got really stressed a month or 2 before the wedding and finally decided to hire a wedding coordinator.  That is the BEST decision I made for the whole wedding and the best way any money was spent.  Even if you still want to make things yourself, you NEED to hire a professional wedding coordinator if you want to ENJOY your wedding weekend.  I found Exquisite Gems Events and worked with Letitia.  Not only did she give me advice leading up to the wedding, she answered every single question and email from me, and even handled my family and friends on the wedding weekend so that nobody bothered me about anything.  Everything was channeled to her.  She even made a lot of things that I had planned on making myself, but just started getting too stressed and not enough time.  She was very budget friendly and it was SOOOO worth it!  I highly recommend Exquisite Gems Events not only to coordinate, but to help make some of those projects that you were planning on doing as well.  You do not want to worry about ANYTHING except getting yourself ready and enjoying yourself on your wedding day.  She made sure we were happy and took care of all vendors that day and kept everything running smoothly and on time.  I didn't have to do anything except have fun, and that is exactly what you want to do on your wedding day!   

Re: Want to ENJOY your wedding? Read this!

• Options
    Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. This post seems like an ad for the event planners.

I disagree with the poster. It is possible to do many of the wedding planning items yourself and still enjoy your wedding. I did it. If you are organized, you should be able to get everything done on time.
  • Options
    loo277loo277 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found that it made it such a better experience for me and I was trying to give you all some advice because I just went through the whole thing.  I wanted you all to have as good of an experience as I had as all.  Mine was so wonderful that I wanted to send some people her way.  I see why everyone thought it was the vendor, though, who wrote this, but you can go to my website www.cindiandphil.projectwedding.com.  
      If anyone wants some recommendations, or who Not to use for other vendors as well, I would be happy to tell you about my other vendors (Flowers, DJ, string quartet, photographer).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Frank question (from someone who knows nothing about these things): Were you really able to hire a coordinator and stay under budget?  From what I can tell, it would take my entire wedding budget to hire a coordinator, even for just the wedding weekend.  In real terms, how much did you end up paying them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards