Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Pet Ideas..

My FI and I are proud parents of a one-year old Jack Russell/German Shepherd Mix puppy named Charlie. Unfortunately, my FI is not supportive of the idea of having him included in the wedding because sometimes he can be unpredictable. I am upset that he won't be with us, but I understand the reasoning. So...I am looking for ideas to some how incorporate him into the wedding without him actually being there. Thanks!

*August Siggy for Dec. 2011 Brides* Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Pet Ideas..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our dogs are in our table numbers. I think I have pics in my bio under the DIY section. I just took their pictures and photo shopped numbers into them.
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do a photo memory board of you and your fiance with pictures of your pets!
    I have a wire board with framed pictures for ours. I have funny baby pictures, dating memories, our pets we had growing up, and the 2 cats we have together now.

I think your fiance is right. Some of your guests might not be dog people too and you have to consider having him around at your ceremony (what if he starts barking in the middle of the vows?!), begging people for food at the reception, or jumping up at you to give you love with his dirty paws! Plus the designated person who has to keep watch of him won't be able to let loose and have fun.
    I think it would be better for your stress level not to have him there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    where are you getting ready for the wedding at? maybe just incoporating him into some pre-wedding photos with you and/or your FI.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jeheckmajeheckma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at an army barracks. So I have a huge room to get ready in.

My photographer (who is a family friend) suggested doing after wedding photos with him. I live across the river from Harrisburg, PA so there are gorgeous lights at night. So I think we are going to do that.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I might incorporate him more with your ideas!
    *August Siggy for Dec. 2011 Brides* Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are actually having an ice sculpture of our puggle made (lol)and she will be in our cocktail hour room.  My future inlaws think we/I am crazy but I love the idea and I found someone who does really nice work. 

Lisa Gregory
    Sales and Events Manager
    Ice Concepts, Inc.
    Tele:  610-239-1299
    Fax:   610-292-8809

Good Luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards