Ohio-Cleveland

Ceremony & Reception Combo Venue with Outdoor Space Suggestions?

Hi Ladies, I am a new knottie, just got engaged to FI about two weeks ago.  We are planning a wedding for the Fall of 2011.  We want to hold the ceremony and reception at the same venue in Northeast Ohio and would love to have an outdoor/indoor option.  If you have any suggestions for this type of venue I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you!
image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Re: Ceremony & Reception Combo Venue with Outdoor Space Suggestions?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests do you have in mind? Like, under 100? Or a big wedding closer to 300-ish or more?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Current estimate is ~100
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Manakiki golf course. The outdoor ceremony and indoor reception venues are both gorgeous! Link to information:http://www.sammys.com/manakiki.shtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Mon Ami WInery in Port Clinton... You can use their wine cellar, upstairs loft, and they have 2 outside areas to choose from as well.  Good Luck!
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where in NE Ohio - do you have a travelling range?   There are so many options from Cleveland to Akron to Mansfield to Sandusky ...
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're looking for something out of the ordinary, max ~1 hour in any direction from Cleveland.  I'm looking into Mapleside apple farm, Patterson fruit farm, Debonne Vineyard and Botzum farm.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks again ladies!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hale Farm in Bath might be an option for you. Also, Sarah's Vineyard Winery in Cuy. Falls (right across the street from Blossom on Steels Corners) or Perkins Stone Mansion in the Akron area. In Cleveland area, maybe the Cleveland Metroparks Chalet (Strongsville), Lake Erie Nature & Science Center (Bay Village), or the Terrace at Big Met (Fairview Park). Alpine Valley near Chesterland or Punderson in Newbury Twp on the east side? Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Boyart’s greenhouse and garden in Medina, Quailcrest Farms in Wooster (I have photos from this location if interested…PM me with your email address)  and I would check out Lake Forest CC in Hudson…it has outdoor gardens overlooking a lake and then a unique interior reception location
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is at the Crawford auto and aviation museum and they have the hanna gardens and if it rains there is an indoor area if it rains
    228 Summonedimage 29 Ready to Partyimage 7 Missing the funimage 192 MIA image
  • crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at Manakiki in Willoughby.  They have a beautiful ceremony spot outside, and the option of the ballroom inside for the reception or the tented courtyard outside.  They also have cute backup rooms inside for the ceremony.
  • MargeauxGMargeauxG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.  The gardens are absolutely gorgeous, and in case of rain, the indoor space is a lot of fun.  My rainy day back up plan involves the guests walking from the ceremony to the reception through the glasshouse's Costa Rican Cloud Forest, while being served champaigne by a line up of waiters.

Peggy, their caterer, is fantastic, totally flexible and full of great ideas.  She's almost stepped in as a wedding planner for me because I don't have one.

Most of my guests are coming in from out of town, so staying inside Cleveland works well for me.  People will be able to catch an Indians game or check out the art museum before ou 6pm ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.  We are doing our ceremony at the Happy Days Lodge, but you can do both there.  It has a big ballroom for the reception and a field for the ceremony or if it rains a really cute screened in porch.  

http://www.cvnpa.org/ExtraordinarySpaces/Weddings.aspx
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.  I saw a wedding at the Japanese Garden that was gorgeous.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • starlite21lstarlite21l member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Barrington Country Club but they also have a wonderful outside space for ceremonies.  Also checkout the Bertram Inn.

I would agree the Botanical Gardens are wonderful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heather10910Heather10910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married 10/9 at Mooreland Mansion in Kirtland very close to Mentor and Willoughby right off of 90 on 306. They have an outdoor garden and backup location inside in the living room by the fireplace if inclement weather occurs. Very nice and professional to work with.
  • Heather10910Heather10910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mooreland Mansion accomodates 167 and we are having 100. Was told that was the perfect size for that venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards