Kentucky-Louisville

Any Olmsted Brides?

Re: Any Olmsted Brides?

• halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an Olmsted bride!!!! I thought I was the only one! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I see you're only a little over 3 months away. I would love to hear about how everything went. How has planning gone with the venue so far? I am 14 months out so I pretty much have only book the Olmsted, haven't talked to Brenda much or the Chefs yet.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started early as well. I booked last July.  Brenda is really nice if you have any questions for her, I either call or email and she gets right back to me quickly.  We're meeting at the end of this month to go over details.  The only thing I wish I paid attention to when I booked that I'm having to fix now is that I have my menu options printed on my reply card for my invites.  We're doing a plated dinner allowing the guests choice of entree.  It's not a big deal for me to fix but I overlooked that when ordering my invites.
  • edited December 2011
    I have already emailed Brenda a couple times about a couple things (bar package questions, ) and you are quite right, she emailed back within a couple hours.

I think if you want The Olmsted you have to book early. I booked a year and a half out and I think I got the last June date for 2012, there may have been one other. I'm surprised we haven't seen other Olmsted brides here.

How far in advance did you get to do your tasting/pick your menu? At least you thought about the menu selections not being on the response cards before you mailed them out!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an Olmsted bride too!! I'm getting married there on July 31st~I currently live in Florida but I'm from Louisville so I'll be meeting with Brenda at the beginning of May when I'm home to go over details!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Cheryld44!  I'm the day before you! :)  I also started my planning from out of town.  I'm not from Louisville but my Fiance is.  Are you on the July 2011 board?

Briella86 , I haven't had my tasting yet but my mom and I went through the menu this past weekend to get an idea of what we want.  I guess when I meet with Ms. Brenda we will determine the tasting date.

ETA:  Cheryld44 I'm sending you a pm. :)
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to let you all know that I've known a few Olmsted Brides and they were all very happy! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have only heard good things about The Olmsted as well. The only thing that worries me is the food because it is Masterson's and they don't get amazing reviews. The thing that puts my mind at ease is the fact that it is supposedly not the standard Masterson's food but a step up. I guess I will find out!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really?! I mean I'm not from the area but everyone I have met from here said that Masterson's was the best.  I guess I will find out too! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Well it's weird. On here Masterson's doesn't get the greatest praises. But if you google reviews for The Olmsted people say the food is wonderful, but if you google reviews for Masterson's you get mixed reviews. I'm realling thinking that the catering at our venue isn't their regular catering. I think they go a cut above for The Olmsted.
    I'm also starting to think that we don't get a taste testing.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No taste testing...now I'm getting nervous. :(  This is weird for me because I've helped plan weddings before but in my hometown (NYC) and my experience so far is that EVERYTHING is different.  *sigh* Well I guess I have to hope what we choose from the menu is what we want. :(

• edited December 2011
    I am going to email her. I don't know if we have a taste testing or not. I just know that reading reviews of Masterson's, one person wrote that Masterson's did not give them a taste testing but the food was delicious.

I don't want to freak you out!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, so I emailed her and we get a tasting.She said that when you schedule your menu planning session you can email her items you would like to taste, OR you can go inititally to discuss the menu and set up a seperate tasting session after you talk about things. Cool
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHOO thank you Briella!!! :)  I guess since I'm doing my meeting with her in a couple of weeks, I will have to set up a separate tasting.  YAY!!! I feel better now. ROTFL
  • edited December 2011
    You're Welcome!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mastersons has catered a few of my work parties and I've always liked them!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm late to this thread. But I just wanted to add I went to a wedding at the Olmstead last July and it was the BEST wedding food. Everyone raved about it :) It's also a beautiful location -great for receptions!
  • rachel8078rachel8078 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    does anyone know if they charge extra to hold the ceremony on the 'included' acres outside with the reception rental?  I know it's 700 to do it inside.
  • edited December 2011

I didn't think the outside was included. I thought you had to pay extra to have the reception outside. You could always email them. Their coordinator, Brenda, is wonderful and will get back to you right away.

• rachel8078rachel8078 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah, thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone do their menu tasting yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards