Connecticut

AW: My invitations are in!

My invitations are here!

And they messed up half the cards to be inserted. Half are white and half are Ecru (we wanted ecru). But no worries I'll have new ones by monday! I put Carlson Craft through hell! adding insert cards and changing everything! haha

So now I am going through my addresses and making up a new list that someone besides myself can understand. Should be sending out the envelopes to the calligrapher monday but in my rewording of addresses.

Now my problem:
For STDS I didn't bother worrying about + guests, I figured i'd want to address those to close friends only and theyd find out soon enough if they were getting a guest at that time. Now when I have been researching addressing these suckers and it says to have the outter and inner envelopes addressed and on the inner you would put the + guest. I really don't feel like spending double than I had planned now to have these inner envelopes written out, but I also feel like it would be weird putting "mr.so-and-so and guest" right on the outside envelope.

Maybe i'm being crazy and over thinking the whole thing. It's only about 5 invitations where I'm having this issue with.

Any advice? anyone want to tell me to shut up and just put the "and guest" out there? haha I think i'm getting overwhelmed by nothing.

deep breathes!

Re: AW: My invitations are in!

• edited December 2011
    They look great!

Take a deep breath! :o) IMO, I think it would be just fine to put "& Guest" on the outer envelope. I know it's not the official etiquette, but I'd be comfortable with it. It would be better if you could find out who their guest will be and then use their name instead.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    I believe (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that if you don't have an inner envelope, then it becomes proper etiquette to put "& Guest" on the outer envelope, because you have to let the person know they can bring someone.

The invites look really amazing, you did a great job!
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    anyone want to tell me to shut up and just put the "and guest" out there

this lol :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hahaha.......I went with the and guest on the outside. Silly bridal meltdown resolved. hahah thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards