June 2012 Weddings

Listing prices of hotel blocks on website

Hey y'all, quick question. On our wedding website I have each of the hotels we have blocks at listed, as well as a short description of each, address/phone number, etc. Is it okay for me to list the room rates for each hotel (we have three)? I mean, if I had multiple options, I'd want to know the price because that would probably make my decision for me, and having the rate on there is easier for the guests instead of them calling each one to find out. On the other hand, I don't want it to look tacky because I'm mentioning the cost of something. Opinions?
Photobucket

Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website

• I'm planning on doing it.

I'm not sure of the etiquette on this one, but I feel like it's fine. Your guests will appreciate the information without having to call each hotel - I know I would!
  • If it's for your wedding website, I'd list the hotels and prices.  As a guest, I'd want to know (also the hotel ammenities if they are vastly different).  It's not like you are putting the prices on your invitations.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:48150421-202a-4d27-a713-4a759c07feb8">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning on doing it. I'm not sure of the etiquette on this one, but I feel like it's fine. Your guests will appreciate the information without having to call each hotel - I know I would!
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:48150421-202a-4d27-a713-4a759c07feb8">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning on doing it. I'm not sure of the etiquette on this one, but I feel like it's fine. Your guests will appreciate the information without having to call each hotel - I know I would!

I agree.
  • We have 5 hotel options, all at different prices - some are expensive, some are on the cheaper side, so I wanted to make sure to tell everyone the prices, and then I link each to the hotel websites so they can check them out before they make any decisions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only have one hotel with rooms blocked off (where my reception is) but I am also including the price of the room on my website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:48150421-202a-4d27-a713-4a759c07feb8">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:

This.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We have rooms and suites blocked at one hotel, but I'm going to list the prices, so they can know.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Visit The Knot!    Visit The Nest!   
  • I hadn't thought of doing this but it makes perfect sense to me now that I see everyone's opinion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like this particular thing really depends on your families.  I've known some who are really uptight about money, and would be greatly offended by seeing prices there - other people will know exactly how much they spent on the hotel they're staying at.  Other families, like mine and FI's, will appreciate the heads up so they know where they're going to get the best deal for what they want, so a cost chart is NBD.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I also agree with Kelsey.  As a guest I think it would be helpful.
  • I wouldn't list them. For me personally, money isn't the deciding factor on the hotel room. It's quality. If the nicest was the most expensive out of the 3 then I'd stay at the nicest. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:8dfcb81c-c2a7-478b-9682-9d9d80878cac">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't list them. For me personally, money isn't the deciding factor on the hotel room. It's quality. If the nicest was the most expensive out of the 3 then I'd stay at the nicest. 
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>So you would stay in a $400/night hotel just because it was the nicest?</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • I think it would be helpful, definitely with a link to each hotel's website also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • We only have one hotel with blocked rooms, but I think this is a great idea.  I already have the hotel info on my website, but didn't think to include prices.  I say go for it!
    imageimage
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks, y'all! I was leaning toward putting them, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a faux pas or anything!

As for the price vs. quality thing, normally I choose a hotel based on three things: location, quality, and price. Once I choose a location, I compare hotels of the same quality and then pick based on price. In this case, after the guests choose which location they want (two are in the same area, one is in a different area), they will probably choose based on price because the two in the same area are of the same quality level.

I mean, one of the two is probably a little bit nicer, and I would be drawn to that one first, but when I would see that another hotel about three blocks away was almost just as nice and was $50 cheaper a night, I'd stay at the cheaper one!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:bf660909-d0b0-40d5-8d8c-07183eac317f">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website : So you would stay in a $400/night hotel just because it was the nicest?

I with you Kelsey! The hotel where our reception is is $350/night for our guests, and I know our group of friends wouldn't want/cant afford to spend that much for 2 nights, thats why we have it listed, along with the rest of our hotel options prices. I think its inconsiderate not to list the prices, because then people may be surprised when they're checking out and have a bill for $800!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:bf660909-d0b0-40d5-8d8c-07183eac317f">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website : So you would stay in a $400/night hotel just because it was the nicest?

Yep. I'm very picky with hotels and FI and I don't have a problem paying for a nice hotel. We stayed at the intercontinental this summer for our anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:b9e7bd18-300c-41eb-badd-29b9867a920e">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website : I with you Kelsey! The hotel where our reception is is $350/night for our guests, and I know our group of friends wouldn't want/cant afford to spend that much for 2 nights, thats why we have it listed, along with the rest of our hotel options prices. <strong>I think its inconsiderate not to list the prices, because then people may be surprised when they're checking out and have a bill for $800!</strong>
    Posted by KDough[/QUOTE]

But anyone calling to reserve a room should ask about costs anyway, and hotels generally tell you beforehand what the per-night rate is or will be.  The only reason to list rates on your wedding website (or on your accomodations enclosure) is to let them know roughly what they can expect to pay at each of the hotels you've blocked at, so they don't have to call around for costs.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:3fe8270e-b84d-4c23-bc56-6e658e5b9307">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website : But anyone calling to reserve a room should ask about costs anyway, and hotels generally tell you beforehand what the per-night rate is or will be.  The only reason to list rates on your wedding website (or on your accomodations enclosure) is to let them know roughly what they can expect to pay at each of the hotels you've blocked at, so they don't have to call around for costs.
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

Some do when you call, but not all - its better to give them an idea before they go ahead to book it, then to find out while theyre booking it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:bf660909-d0b0-40d5-8d8c-07183eac317f">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:
    So my post disappeared but yes I would stay in a hotel that expensive I have before. FI and I stayed at the Intercontinental for our anniversary this summer. I'm very picky with hotels. 
  • We've had our block price on our hotel since we booked last year.  Price is SUPER important to me, especially with saving for a wedding and a house, and not wanting to be wedding and house poor.  A lot of our guests are in similar boats as us and price will be important to them as well.  Fortunately, our hotel is also our reception site and the rooms are super nice AND wicked cheap on the block.  And if someone gets offended by the price being listed, I feel like they will be few and far between, and get over it quickly.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_listing-prices-of-hotel-blocks-website?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c8cae9-2734-4788-8365-1f15e038f3dePost:48150421-202a-4d27-a713-4a759c07feb8">Re: Listing prices of hotel blocks on website</a>:

I feel the same way & put prices on my website.
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards