Pennsylvania-Central
Options

How would you rate these Photographers?

Hi Ladies!

Hoping that some of you have worked with any of these photographers!  Websites look great, but I was hoping to get some real feedback on their work.

Suzanne Winter

Holly Noel

Thomas Beaman

Thanks!
B

Re: How would you rate these Photographers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hi! i havent heard of any of these photographers and from the lack of responses, it seems like no one else has either. that's not necessarily a bad thing. but, i figured i'd give you some general tips if you continue to narrow it between those three.

1. make sure you ask to see an online album from each. whatever they have in their "sample" photography on the website is obviously going to be the best of the best. if you look at someone's album you can get a better feel if a lot of their photos are great, or if there are only a few really great ones at each event. you should also see if there is more than one photographer with the company and if you can look at each's pictures.

2. pay close attention to how their communication is while you're trying to decide on them. if they don't communicate well with you (email or call back timely, answer your questions well, etc)  when they are trying to get your business, chances are that wont change after they have your business.

3. make sure to compare what they include in their packages and identify what is important to you. for instance- does one have an hours limit and how would that fit in your timeline for your day? does one offer the rights to the pictures and you get them on a cd and another you must purchase prints? if you have to purchase prints, you want to make sure you consider that in your post-wedding budget

4. check into their policy on turn around time. how soon after the wedding do they commit to having your photos to you? i'd also make sure that this is in whatever contract you sign. there are some ladies on this board who have waited 3-6 months for photos, and some who have had them within a week after the wedding.

good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jamiecocco32jamiecocco32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bride-to-be as well and also a professional photographer in the Harrisburg area. I have NEVER heard of these photographers. I am originally from the Lehigh Valley area so I would hear of any photographers coming out of the philly, LV, and H'burg areas and none of them ring a bell with me. If you want to check out mye work to use as a comparison http://jayciephotography.weebly.com

If you want i can do some research on them from other people I  knwo in those areas and see if i can get reviews for you! :o) Jamie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.. my honest opinion...get ready for the soap box ;-)   No for Suzanne and Holly for the same reasons.. they're not really doing anything original in terms of photojournalism.  Every image I had looked at seems to be very.. repetitive to other photographer's styles.  Also... they're not cropping they're images very well or framing them well when taking the shot.  Arms, Fingers, Legs, etc shouldn't be cropped off at odd locations such as both of them have portrayed.  Suzanne also isn't lighting some of her images correctly.  The exposure is set way to high which is blowing the image way out of white balance. 

Out of the three I'd choose Thomas, which is odd for me personally to choose male over female wedding photographers, but he's got something good going on!  Lots of unique images, a member of various photographical organizations including PPA and WPPI.  His site is also laid out very well in terms of customer friendliness.  The one thing I'm not liking though is that his pricing isn't listed.  Why hide it:(   Hope this helps.. also just another side note.. just because you haven't heard of a photographer (i.e.. Frank King, Conte, the Pro's.. etc) doesn't mean you're not making the right choice. In most cases the unknown is shooting a heck of a lot better than those cookie cutter photographers and for a much more reasonable price..

Melissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards