February 2014 Weddings

To-DO Tuesday

Anything that you need to get done this week?

WR and/or NWR?

Re: To-DO Tuesday

• WR- I need to start looking hard at cakes.  I haven't really found one that I just have to have yet. 

NWR- nothing- it's a pretty chill week, trying to take it easy since my classes start back in 3 weeks :)

• I'm having a bit of a crazy week - working on my thesis and having my second meeting on Thursday, and trying to get my work hours in so I can take the weekend off.  On the plus side - visiting my relative/friend Petra for the weekend! 
    WR - nothing to do.  I'm ignoring it.  Though I did just order a photo book about how we met and got engaged that will be going on a table somewhere for guests to look at. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_to-do-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:367fec27-b087-4f08-b75b-0424527c99a1Post:3225d770-7ec2-4c58-9614-18bed92b0b0b">Re: To-DO Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a bit of a crazy week - working on my thesis and having my second meeting on Thursday, and trying to get my work hours in so I can take the weekend off.  On the plus side - visiting my relative/friend Petra for the weekend!  WR - nothing to do.  I'm ignoring it.  Though I did just order a photo book about how we met and got engaged that will be going on a table somewhere for guests to look at. 
    Posted by kerbohl[/QUOTE]

I like the photo book idea, a friend of mine did a storybook collage and had it playing on a monitor as people walked into the reception site.

• I was thinking of having something playing on a monitor, but I thought I would do pictures of all the guests that are coming.  I saw this on Four Weddings and thought that was really cool, and includes all the guests a bit more.  It might be a lot of work, but I'm sure my guests would like it.  And I was going to do that at the cocktail hour. 

• That sound interesting.  Are you going to take pictures of your guests just for the wedding or use ones you already have?  That is pretty awesome actually!

• I sent my room block in today. I am also going to email for save the dates today to get that ball rolling. I'm going to try to start the first wedding newsletter, and set up a wedding webpage this week too now that my classes are done for 2 weeks.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_to-do-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:367fec27-b087-4f08-b75b-0424527c99a1Post:f8b817d2-bf69-441e-b707-c50cea36e009">Re: To-DO Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sent my room block in today. I am also going to email for save the dates today to get that ball rolling. I'm going to try to start the first wedding newsletter, and set up a wedding webpage this week too now that my classes are done for 2 weeks.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

nice check on the room block :)
    I took the first 1/2 of this semester off so my classes start again in 3 weeks. 

• I also just booked my hoten in Annaheim for my race the month before my wedding! Checkity Check over here. I'm havign a super far away disney day :D.

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_to-do-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:367fec27-b087-4f08-b75b-0424527c99a1Post:85c8be0b-24ce-42e5-abc3-7010c88b1d3a">Re: To-DO Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sound interesting.  Are you going to take pictures of your guests just for the wedding or use ones you already have?  That is pretty awesome actually!
    Posted by Lissa1213[/QUOTE]

I'm going to use pictures that I already have of family events and all that.  I just hope that I can find pictures of everyone, otherwise I'm going to have to go around and actually try to take pictures of the people I don't have!  That will be interesting. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_to-do-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:367fec27-b087-4f08-b75b-0424527c99a1Post:f8b817d2-bf69-441e-b707-c50cea36e009">Re: To-DO Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sent my room block in today. I am also going to email for save the dates today to get that ball rolling. I'm going to try to start the first wedding newsletter, and set up a wedding webpage this week too now that my classes are done for 2 weeks.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

A wedding newletter?  This sounds intriguing - what exactly is it? 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_to-do-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:367fec27-b087-4f08-b75b-0424527c99a1Post:fba0fb77-b5b4-44d0-a196-6502c61f9b28">Re: To-DO Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: To-DO Tuesday : A wedding newletter?  This sounds intriguing - what exactly is it? 
    Posted by kerbohl[/QUOTE]

Since we are doing a destination wedding we've decided to do more than STDs and Invitiations for a number of reasons. We chose Disney because of our love of it, and we chose the date because the weekend before is the Princess Half Marathon. In order for our guests to get the most of our wedding, and their trip we're doing a series of newsletters. They will include information about us, the wedding locations, and why we chose it. The later editions will include room rates, booking instructions, our favorite disney things, and info about our bridal/groom parties. The final will include information about the formal schedule of events for the weekend, costs associated with activities we arent paying, and what places to avoid due to the race. We want to make it very clear book early and how to navigate the possible crazyness. We also want to make it open for people who may want to run with us in the 5k the saturday before, or half marathon the day before.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • That is so cool, and your wedding sounds amazing, especially with all the stuff you are doing before as well.  Awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards