March 2012 Weddings
Options

Treating it as Spring or Winter?

My wedding is on March 17th (yea St. patty's bride). The 20th is the first day of Spring, so its still winter. I'm not sure which season to lean toward with theme or colors. I like spring colors better, but if it snows (Columbus, Ohio normally does still have snow then) will it be odd to have yellow and gray for the colors, and spring flowers like yellow tulips?
Where do you guys stand on this issue?

Re: Treating it as Spring or Winter?

• Options
    Im on 17th too forgetting it was st patricks day im in houston so im doing it spring but i used to live in IL if i was still up there i would do a ceremony as winter and reception as spring because of the time of year and symbolical starting out as one and transforming into another
  • Options
    Our wedding date is the 22nd and we are treating it as a Spring wedding, not just because it's 2 days after spring starts but because I hate winter!! lol 
    March 2012 December Siggy Challenge- My Bouquet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
    160image Invited to Our Disney Wedding!
    55image Are ready to party
    43image Are missing out
    62image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/9
  • Options
    That's my vow renewal date!! YAY, for our actual wedding we used heavy winter colors (silver and a vibrant red) but this time around we are doing softer more spring like colors.... I thing that the spring colors will really pop in the winter setting especially if it snows!! Like life emerging from the cold and dank winter...plus if that is what u want, then that is what u should have!!! Most of our decorations are black and white (damask pattern) But there is a light baby blue we are using as an accent color and it is gorgeous against that color scheme!!!
  • Options
    I'm March 16, but I am not fond of spring colors and they don't look good on me so my colors will still be burgandy and gold, so I guess I'm still thinking winter.
    Why does time speed up the closer I get to the wedding?
  • Options
    My date is March 10th, and we're sort of treating it spring-like (though our pale blue-ivory wedding could possibly work for both winter or spring).  But I think you should go with whatever you want.
  • Options
    I am March 17... I am treating mine as spring....
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm the 31st, so technically mine *is* Spring but we are preparing for it to be somewhat cool outside. Colorwise, we are using colors typical of winter I guess? I'm just using a color I like. :p
    imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The reason i made March my month for my wedding, because of the spring coming in. I love the Spring. In NC the weather is in the sixties and 70's. That weather is perfect. I believe in march most people think of Spring, getting prepared for Easter. So, even though you are a few days from Spring, most people gokit is Spring already. trust me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards