Canada-Ontario
Options

Hair salon/spas open on a Sunday?? Oshawa/Whitby area?

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married August 1st in Whitby, Ontario but I'm in school in California so it's been a bit of a struggle to get some things figured out from the other side of the country.

Currently I'm on the lookout for a hair salon/spa that is reasonably priced with a bridal package/bridesmaid package of some sort. The problem I've run into is most salons are not open on a Sunday. At this point, I'd just be happy to at least find a salon to do my hair (makeup hopefully too) that is around the Oshawa/Whitby area (I live in Oshawa). Does anyone know of anything?

I have no problem going as far as Bowmanville or Courtice too. Just don't want to be too far so I can get in and get out of the salon the day of, and not have to worry running out of time to get ready, etc

All suggestions would be helpful. Thanks :)

Re: Hair salon/spas open on a Sunday?? Oshawa/Whitby area?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try and find independant hair/make up people who will come to you.  It would be easier to have them do both, plus most of them will be willing to work Sundays because they own their own businesses and probably more likely to give you a deal. I don't know Oshawa well but I'm sure if you give it a google you might come up with something.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP - I know a ton of salons in that area (I grew up in Pickering), but the only ones that are open on Sunday are the chain variety - first choice, etc.  I think ring_pop recommended a girl to a lot of people who came to you - I'm sure she'll comment.  A lot of makeup people know people who do hair, or do both, and will come to you on your day.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like an idea. I will look into it. And hopefully ring_pop will comment, but if not I'll search the forums.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair girl was Czarina from Project Pose. She was great! She traveled to me, and was very reasonably priced. She also has a partner who does makeup.

http://www.projectpose.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awesome I'll check it out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try looking into a place called Aqualibrium Salon & Spa...they're on Taunton Rd. E. and Wilson Rd. N. in Oshawa.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've heard of it. I'll check it out online. Thanks! :)

• Options
    merivale87merivale87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the exact same issue. The only place in the entire area I live in that is open on Sunday is in the mall, and they open at 11am which is way too late. 

Try looking on Kijiji. I saw an ad on there the other day for a hairstylist who will come to you in that area.
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards