Snarky Brides
Options

Good morning!

It's Thursday right? That means I have to make it through today and tomorrow?

There was something weird up with me yesterday. I was so out of it all day. Then I went to bed at like 9am because I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. And I felt like crap.

I am at like 80% today...which is at least better than yesterday. I still could sleep more but probably shouldn't anyways. 9+ hours should be enough. And no, not pregnant, although I did contemplate it this morning. And then realized that it was impossible. 

Who has interesting stories to tell this morning?

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    I keep getting ultra confused in the morning when my alarm goes off, I keep getting notions that the time/space continuum is messed up and thats the only reason my alarm is going off. In short, im tired. I dont know why because I got into bed at like 11 lastnight, but all week whenever I start falling asleep all of a sudden Im wide awake again and dont fall asleep until like 12:30. It seems to be happening when I get up to pee. I realized yesterday I drank a ton of water and my friend said thats a symptom of diabetes and now im paranoid I have diabetes.

Its raining out right now, which im cool with. Atleast its finally doing something outside. Its "supposed" to snow, but reports of 10+cm has gone down to less than 5, so that means it wont snow at all (gd it).
  • Options
    Hello!

I'm back at work today after calling in sick yesterday. I'm still not 100%, but at least I'm able to function, which is more than I can say for myself yesterday. I was practically despondant all yesterday. I slept from 9pm on Tuesday night, called my boss yesterday at 5:30am to ask if I could stay home, went back to bed till 4pm (only got up to pee and take more medicine), I was awake from 4pm to 9pm to eat some soup and watch tv with H, then went back to bed at 9pm.

I hate that I'm sick during my half marathon training. It feels like such a setback. I'm hoping I'm back to normal by Saturday for my long run.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning. We got to bed late because it took forever to install a new deadbolt, but we finaly got it done. Well, H got it done and I just watched and handed him the pieces.

So, I seem to have broken my pinky. Or maybe got bit. Or maybe it's arthritis in the joints. Whatever the cause, my right pinky is swollen twice the size of the left. It hurt yesterday but wasn't swollen (I could press on the first knuckle and feel a bit of relief). Today it's swollen and any pressure hurts.

I wrapped it in these medicated pads I have for my wrists so I'l see if that helps. And I never realized before how much I use my pinky for typing, so today should be fun.
  • Options
    Sesh, that sucks. Adam and I were messing around one night on the computer and realized how different we type, I use mainly my thumb, pointer and middle finger to type (very very rarely use the pinky, I think I only use it to shift) while he uses all of his fingers correctly for typing. I dont really understand how it can be so different but I generally type fast and without many errors so I dont really care.
  • Options

Morning everyone!

I hope everyone who isn't feeling well starts to feel better as the day goes on. Sesh- Sorry about your finger. I hope it isn't anything serious.

I'm waiting for my coffee to be finished brewing. After coffee, I plan to fill my day with a work out and then getting together the stuff I want to take with us rather than have the movers move. We will be without our stuff for almost 15 days so I want to make sure I am organized and have everything we'll need.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use my right pinky more than my left, for enter, quotes and apostrophes, slashes, and delete (all of which I use frequently for work). Apparently I only shift with my left.

It's SO ANNOYING.
  • Options
    As I am typing this I am trying to keep track of what fingers I use, I seem to use the ring finger on my left hand but I dont seem to use it at all on my right. I also dont seem to use the shift key on the left at all either.
  • Options
    I feel like we are all a pile of brokenness!  Horrible!
  • Options
    Do you ever try to type with one hand?  I type really quickly (without looking at the keys) but recently my kitty has decided that he needs to be pet all the time so I have been trying to surf and type at the same time and it really doesn't work as well.

Apparently I rarely use the pinky on my right hand but I do use it.  It's really weird to be typing and thinking about where my fingers are going. 
  • Options
    Ouchies! Sorry Sesh!  I busted my middle finger once pretty good.  Typing was an adventure.  You adjust to it pretty fast though.  It was more funny that I was almost permanently flipping people off because I couldn't bend my middle finger with the rest of my fingers.

The big midwest snow storm is rolling in! This could get interesting. 

FI and I talked wedding stuff for like 3 hours last night.  We picked our music, talked about decorations, and SO much other stuff.  When we finally went to bed, my head was just swimming, it took me almost an hour and a half to fall asleep.  I'm so tired now.  Note to self: Stop talking wedding stuff at least an hour before bed.
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear that djhar :( thats sad.

My blood sugar is always normal when I have been tested (most recently in the summer) so I shouldnt worry but I always do.
  • Options

I can type with one hand, it just takes longer (Whisky likes to sit on my hands, so I'm used to it by now). Definitely can't do it at work since we are on specific production times.

I think I use all of my fingers pretty evenly, except for my thumbs. The only time Ive used my thumb for typing this was for the space bar, but even then I usually use my right pointer finger.

Weird how we just get used to typing a certain way that's totally different than others but just as fast.

• Options
    dj- That is awful, I'm so sorry.

Sesh- are you going to see a doc?  Now that I think of it though, it's probably pointless since they will just stabilize it and send you on your way.

Last night FI had a friend over which was really fun.  I got back from the gym and cooked food and next think you know it's after 11 and I realize I have to get up at 5 to walk the beast.  I got up this am and it is cold and rainy, so needless to say no walking beast because God forbid she gets her dainty paws wet.  At this rate I would rather have snow, cold + rain = no good.
  • Options
    dj- sorry to hear about your friend.

I also am watching my fingers as I type and I only use my right pinky for enter and periods. I don't even use it for backspace. I use my right middle finger for that. I also hardly use my left ring finger, left pink, and right thumb! Funny I never noticed that stuff before.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!

This rain is crap.  I'm not sure whether I'd prefer that over snow, but either way, it made my drive in sucky.

I'm off early today to do my glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes.  Fun!  Not really.  More exciting though, I'm going to get my hair cut after.  Wooooo!

I'm fairly certain that I type properly with all of my fingers.  Yay for Grade 9 Keyboarding.  The only finger I know I don't use is my left thumb.  There's a shiny space on my keyboard from my right thumb hitting it.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good morning, everyone.

I hope you're all feeling better soon. It's the pits when you're feeling off and there's still some work-week left. I always feel like those days drag the most.

The rain out here is brutal. It's blowing across the highway like snow, and the transport trucks throw so much water out from behind them that it almost blinds you when you drive. I was not impressed on my drive in. But now I'm in the office, and I can hear the rain, the humming of the computers (not many people are in today) and the whoosh of the HVAC system, and it's lulling me to sleep. What I wouldn't give for an hour on the couch. :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-206?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:65c779cc-270b-49ed-bd3b-e01c13558259Post:7b205ccc-73bc-4e36-8c59-39f44d61228b">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! This rain is crap.  I'm not sure whether I'd prefer that over snow, but either way, it made my drive in sucky.<strong> I'm off early today to do my glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes.</strong>  Fun!  Not really.  More exciting though, I'm going to get my hair cut after.  Wooooo! I'm fairly certain that I type properly with all of my fingers.  Yay for Grade 9 Keyboarding.  The only finger I know I don't use is my left thumb.  There's a shiny space on my keyboard from my right thumb hitting it.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Do they do this test for all pregnant women or are you showing signs?  Sorry for being clueless :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Milkduds- I have a few friends that are obnoxious like that.  I like the unsubscribe button :)  </div>
  • Options
    DJ-I'm so sorry to hear that.

Sesh- I've never broken a finger so I wouldn't know it if I had. Have you tried taking anything to bring the swelling down?

Good morning everyone. I am tired as well. I went to bed late because I was at a friends house designing and building baby shower invitations for another friend. We are throwing it for her.

I want to know why my yogurt is labeled "fat free nonfat yogurt". Isn't that a little redundant?

I'm going to go screw something up at work now because I am not nearly awake enough not to.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

DJ I'm so sorry about your friend, that's so sad. I feel for her children.

Duds, I get  annoyed by c-section talk like that, too. I had 2, and it irritates me to no end to hear people say I "missed out". My own sister told me that I hadn't really "given birth".  Um, yeah actually I did, and I know that because I now have two children. All that matters in the end is a healthy mom and a healthy baby, regardless of how the baby came out. Big pet peeve of mine.

Anyway - hope you all have a great day!!  Our bitchy receptionist called in sick so my day will be a little easier!
  • Options
    Good morning!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, DJ. That is so sad.

I had a co-rec volleyball game at 9:30 last night, was home and in bed by 11, but I was so energized that I don't think I fell asleep until 12:30 or 1. I can't sleep in until NEXT Saturday really, so I'm super hoping I can get home from work on Friday night and go to bed at 7:30 PM! Ha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ya my drive in was balls cause of the rain. A huge astro mini van kept trying to get in front of me in the fast lane so I kept flooring it to keep him from doing it. No way was I putting up with being practically blinded by you mister minivan, eff that noise!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-206?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:65c779cc-270b-49ed-bd3b-e01c13558259Post:ccfbd3bf-7dc9-4cd8-9fcd-c8fe6a69a080">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning Ladies, DJ I'm so sorry about your friend, that's so sad. I feel for her children. Duds, I get  annoyed by c-section talk like that, too. I had 2, and it irritates me to no end to hear people say I "missed out". <strong>My own sister told me that I hadn't really "given birth". </strong> Um, yeah actually I did, and I know that because I now have two children. All that matters in the end is a healthy mom and a healthy baby, regardless of how the baby came out. Big pet peeve of mine. Anyway - hope you all have a great day!!  Our bitchy receptionist called in sick so my day will be a little easier!
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]

Wow that's just rude.  Giving birth does not always equate to pushing something out of your vagina.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-206?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:65c779cc-270b-49ed-bd3b-e01c13558259Post:3d641b2b-6099-455a-84a7-e6fbe78fd693">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Do they do this test for all pregnant women or are you showing signs?  Sorry for being clueless :) Milkduds- I have a few friends that are obnoxious like that.  I like the unsubscribe button :)  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Everyone gets the 1 hour screening test, and if you fail that you need to do the more comprehensive 3 hour test.  This one appears to be pretty easy.  No fasting, just drink a super sugary drink, wait an hour and then have blood drawn.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-206?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:65c779cc-270b-49ed-bd3b-e01c13558259Post:3787e12c-a467-4a90-a4a3-a5c9d8cbb40a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Wow that's just rude.  Giving birth does not always equate to pushing something out of your vagina.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  I don't understand how people can say things like that.</div><div>
    </div><div>What do they think about people that need a C section and not just elect to have one?  I know people who endured hours of unsuccessful labor and finally had to get a C section.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-206?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:65c779cc-270b-49ed-bd3b-e01c13558259Post:3787e12c-a467-4a90-a4a3-a5c9d8cbb40a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : Wow that's just rude.  <strong>Giving birth does not always equate to pushing something out of your vagina.
    </strong>Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. I was shocked to hear it, honestly. I just remember being completely speechless - and to render ME speechless is quite an accomplishment lol
  • Options
    Good Morning!

It's frickin cold here.  BAH!  It's so pointless to have it this cold and not have any snow.  Totally lame.

Busy day today:  house cleaning, piano lessons, reading, errands, and I'm going to look at fabrics to make some curtains.
  • Options
    S/O Beyonce, Jay-Z put his daughters name on the new song about her so she's the youngest artist ever to make the Billboard charts. (she cries at the end) Really?

although I won't lie, I kinda want to go listen to this song.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    morning ladies. its gross out today. its raining and icy. it wanted to snow but its not cold enough. I hate the rain :(
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Good morning,

It's way too early in the day to be talking about giving birth, y'all.

I was supposed to go out of town today for work, but I overslept the alarm and would have missed the ride to the place where we're supposed to work today.  So I sent a text to my co-workers not to wait for me, and e-mailed my boss to say I decided to work in the main office today.  My boss is "glad, because it'll be easier to discuss what you're working on if you're here", so score for that working out well. 
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    I seriously dislike beyonce, everything about her sucks, but I can't get it up to give a crap about her baby. All I know is its gonna be one more stuck up little princess who will probably be a total brat. Par for the course with celebrity childred, celebrities like THAT atleast. Heaven help us if kanye ever has kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards